The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Baby killer back in jail

The Raven

One of the killers of toddler James Bulger is back behind bars after breaching the conditions of his release from prison.

Jon Venables, 27, who with Robert Thompson abducted and murdered James in February 1993, was released from custody in 2001, but he has been recalled following the breach, a Ministry of Justice spokeswoman said.

She added: "We can confirm that Jon Venables has been recalled to custody following a breach of licence conditions.

"Offenders on licence are subject to strict conditions; if they breach those conditions they are subject to immediate recall.

"There is a worldwide injunction in place that prohibits any reporting including reporting on the internet, that could identify him or his location."

Details of the nature of the breach were not released.

Venables and Thompson were aged 10 when they embarked on a crime that stunned the world.

On February 13, 1993, they abducted James from a shopping centre and killed him on a railway line.

The toddler's battered body was found by children playing on a freight railway line 200 yards from Walton Lane police station, Liverpool, and more than two miles from the Strand shopping centre.

Days later Venables and Thompson were arrested in connection with the murder of James, and later charged. They were the youngest to be charged with murder in the 20th century.

Copyright © Press Association Ltd. 2010, All Rights Reserved.

I dont like even thinking about what these "kids" did. With anyluck they fellow lags will work who he is and tip a boiling kettle over him, so everyone will know who he is and what he has done.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope he stays in Prison for a VERY long time (this time).

I've always thought that the death penalty should be brought back for extreme cases such as this one.

Yeah, but wait im sure someone will be along shortly claiming they where only 10 and hurting them is as bad as what they did.

There is a good chance that these guys are now married having kids of their own, and no one knows who they are. Scary thought that.

Those who break the law should not then be protected by it. Just thinking about the pair of them and the latest two who did similar makes my skin crawl. When i was that age i played on bikes, kicked a ball around and a touch of kiss chase, it never entered my head to pull a smaller and weaker kid to one side and violate him.

Schools need to be able to do their jobs and punish a child if they get out of line and parents should be made nurture their child into society and punished if they fail to do so. Its not going to give James his life back or the dignity to the latest pair but i may prevent future events.

I am sure there will be someone posting soon defending (strong word i know but couldn't think of another!!) their actions. All i posted were my opinions and i respect others' opinions (however wrong i think they are ;) )

What they did was undefendable and any soft "they have rights and should be treated well" is exactly the crap that has got us into this position.

Couldn't agree more mate. This softly softly approach that society has adopted is ultimately going to ruin this country.

If people cant control their kids then they should not be allowed to have them. Pretty simple when you think about it.

How hard could it be to bring in a law that makes people go through a 'selection process' whereby they are given a certificate of some kind to show that they are responsible people who are able to look after a child.

Just a thought.

Couldn't agree more mate. This softly softly approach that society has adopted is ultimately going to ruin this country.

If people cant control their kids then they should not be allowed to have them. Pretty simple when you think about it.

How hard could it be to bring in a law that makes people go through a 'selection process' whereby they are given a certificate of some kind to show that they are responsible people who are able to look after a child.

Just a thought.

But then how would they claim their money and get next to free housing?

I do wonder what the parents of these two feel towards them. Cant be love anymore can it? Did they disown them? I still think its a matter of time before they get found out by someone.

You can only hope that they have constant nightmares that drove them to drugs which in turn has one of them stuck in jail.

The more you think about it the worse it gets. Take this for an example.

Your daughter brings home a lad. He gets to know you seems nice enough, so you let her and him baby sit your younger child even take them out for the day.

Its a horrid thought.

why spend 100's of 1000's of pounds jailing people who have commited crimes like these why not just put them down like you do with killers dogs...long term the aggrieved families are seeing retribution and also the tax paying public dont have the burden either....

this may sound extreme but compared to putting these type of crim in jail with others that only lead to them becoming even more evil is crazy

That's right. The 10 year old kids who committed this crime should have been executed immediately and fed to the pigs. That's what they would do in Iran or Pakistan. We should adopt the policies of those countries, they know what they're doing alright. :rolleyes:

That's right. The 10 year old kids who committed this crime should have been executed immediately and fed to the pigs. That's what they would do in Iran or Pakistan. We should adopt the policies of those countries, they know what they're doing alright. :rolleyes:

So whats your grand plan? They showed they planned it even tried to snatch another baby days before. They hit him in the head with rocks, smeared paint in his eyes and stuck batterys in his mouth before killing him with a iron bar. When they where done they dumped the body on the tracks to make it like he was run over by a train.

Thats murder planned murder. 10 or not.

So what if they where 13? or 15?

Go on then, what should society/justice system have done with them?? If you have a better idea I'm all ears.......(waits with baited breath)

the real problem as i see it is that we are trying to be too civilised. in britain there are no real deterents anymore but i cant see us ever finding an easy balance to this ever again now we have gone so far down our current path.....

as much these crimes are horrific would you really want to see a system such as iraq iran etc where people are publicly stoned or theives have their hands chopped off

that in itself would lead to problems as those without limbs then claim disability allowance etc and so you then have people in uproar again

its a bit like the yorkshire rippers current bid for freedom we as a civilised society have to allow this but should he gain it i see this overshadowing any bulger debate

Ah man thats sick just reading what they done. Really death is to good for them, they should be hammerd within an inch of there lives then get left to half recover and repeat this over and over until their bodys just give up. (sorry if i've over stepped the mark but thats my opinion)

Ah man thats sick just reading what they done. Really death is to good for them, they should be hammerd within an inch of there lives then get left to half recover and repeat this over and over until their bodys just give up. (sorry if i've over stepped the mark but thats my opinion)

Is that now or when they were both 10 years old?

I'm not suggesting that we stone or beat them to within an inch of their pathetic little meaningless lives, just give them the death penalty (lethal injection or whatever). To give them new identities at the taxpayers expense is an absolute joke in my opinion and the money wasted could be better put to use.

This country NEEDS deterrents to stop people performing horrific crimes such as these.

I'm not suggesting that we stone or beat them to within an inch of their pathetic little meaningless lives, just give them the death penalty (lethal injection or whatever). To give them new identities at the taxpayers expense is an absolute joke in my opinion and the money wasted could be better put to use.

This country NEEDS deterrents to stop people performing horrific crimes such as these.

And would you volunteer to execute a 10 year old? I wouldn't - whatever they'd done. I'd be sickened by their actions, mourn and pity what they'd grown to become, but could never bring myself to end them.

And who has the power to decide when a 10 year old should be executed? What if the decision is later ruled to have been wrong? What of the executioners - the ones that ordered the killing and the ones that did it?

It's not exactly black and white. For some things there just isn't a universal straightforward answer.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in a position where I decide any of that.

As much I think them being released (especially after only 8 years - that's a joke) isn't ideal, I don't think the other suggestions are right either.

And would you volunteer to execute a 10 year old? I wouldn't - whatever they'd done. I'd be sickened by their actions, mourn and pity what they'd grown to become, but could never bring myself to end them.

An excellent post and I agree 100%.

There seems to be quite a lot of keyboard hard men on here (Suprab1 and Dr. Jekyll for instance) that seem to want the job but i wonder if they really could do that. I somehow doubt it.

An excellent post and I agree 100%.

There seems to be quite a lot of keyboard hard men on here (Suprab1 and Dr. Jekyll for instance) that seem to want the job but i wonder if they really could do that. I somehow doubt it.

So if they where 14? is that better? 15 maybe? Fine then let them see 21, then hang them? Does that make it ok.

I have never agreed with the death penalty either

But on the other hand nobody has ever tortured and murdered any of my kids, would I still be against it then?

Like you my friend, I could not honestly answer that. But, as I have said before, that would be a case of wanting revenge and vengeance rather than justice.