The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car tax question?

ScottC

I've declared my Supe SORN for the last 4 months, but would like to tax it today so I can use it tomorrow.

My question is will they back date the tax to the beginning of February?

Thought I would ask here first before a spend an hour in the queue only to find they will.

I've declared my Supe SORN for the last 4 months, but would like to tax it today so I can use it tomorrow.

My question is will they back date the tax to the beginning of February?

Thought I would ask here first before a spend an hour in the queue only to find they will.

Nope, it won't be backdated, well mine wasn't when I came off SORN a while ago

I'm not sure if you can use the tax renewal reminder that you received last time with the reference number to tax it online.

I had thrown mine away so I taxed it at the post office, don't waste time by looking for a form like I did last time, there isn't one now. :blink:

The car has to be either SORN or taxed (to be legal). So if you tax it today, it will run from start of Feb. I don't know if they will tax it from March, I can't remember what it says on the form. Try doing it online and see if it gives you a start from march date.

After some extensive research I've been informed I can tax it today to start at the beginning of next month but can't drive it on a public highway until the first.

So dave it looks like you've been braking the law.:)

Yep - when it gets to the last 3 or 4 working days of the month (can't remember which) you can buy a tax disc that begins on the 1st of the following month. That's when it starts - so to put it in your windscreen and attempt to use it on a public road a couple of days early will land you in trouble if you get stopped.