The mkiv Supra Owners Club

under the knife

supra steveo

well guys in 5 hrs time i go under the knife to get my ACL (knee) reconstuction operation done, to say i am a little scared is an under statement coz i am brickin it, really not looking forward to this at all, and what makes it worse is that after the op i havent got a bloody clue what is happening, am i going on sick leave straight after the op?, if not i live on the 3rd floor and have 6 flights of stairs to get up and down if i want to get some food :( am a little bit pi55ed as ive not had time to sort stuff out that really needed to be sorted before i went on leave , i know there is people on here who have had similar ops done , please just tell me to take 2 pills of man the fu&£ up and it doesnt hurt :(

Not much to worry about at all! Just quickly (as I have to leave in 2 min!)..

Most likely you will be on crutches (and/or in a knee brace) for about 2 weeks, and it will be difficult to get around. The knee will be hard to bend, and your muscles will atrophy. Your most important task is to get muscle control of the knee - called a "co-contraction" of the VMO (muscle next to inside of kneecap) and hamstrings. Any decent physio will tell you all this, and push you hard in recovery.

If you need any more information, just PM me - I have rehabbed quite a few ACLs ;)

I was in 6 weeks ago dude, getting fusion done on my spin with L4/L5 together with a cage and bone graft. I was out for 5hrs face down, when i woke up i was in agony, but refused to take Morphine(Its for Pussies) :D The next day i was up walking about to the Surgeons amazment. Must have wolverines healing ability, haha. Iv got 3 lovely big scars down my back now. And i start back BB'ing on Tues, cant wait. :D

Anyway, tip if your in pain use the morhpine, if your hard like me dont. Any surgery has its risks like everything else, but put your faith in the Surgeon dude, thats why he gets paid shit loads a year.

Recovery will be long, with loads of Physio, do what they tell you. Its there job to make you better. Food wise eat healthy for Maximum recovery time, Food = the bodys way of healing. :D

And good luck dude, you'l be fine. Hope you get Fit nurses looking after you, i didnt. :(

Starting back on the weights already :shock: dude u must be mental, seriously tho I just want to be able to run first after that I want to get back into ju-jitsu and maybe MMA

Yup, back is feeling great just now, cant wait. been part of my life for 12 years and not doing it, feels like iv had a arm ripped off.

Be easy mate, take it easy at first, walk a bit, then run, then walk, then run, next thing you'l know is your running all the time. :D