The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Lockys96 Subwoofer enclosure

MarkR

As above, these are now limited editions as Lockys96 isn't making them anymore.

Mine is painted gloss black (done by a body shop about 2-3 years ago) and fits a 10" subwoofer. I used an Alpine sub and it sounded great.

It fits in the space behind the seats and is held in place by the seats in the upright position. This will fit straight in when you remove the foam thing in your boot. It clears the spare wheel and fits under the boot blind.

The enclosure looks like this although this is Michaels car and I think his was a 12" version. Hope he doesn't mind me using his pics.

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/speakers/sub-01.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7343/sub00sf9.jpg

Here's the link to the build thread of the boxes

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=70776

I'm taking bids as this is one of only a few out there so it's worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. If the bids aren't high enough then I'll hold onto it.

The highest bid by 12h00 5th March 2010 gets the enclosure (unless the highest bid is a tenner and a box of Maltesers) :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a 10" version :)

First one of these that's come up for sale AFAIK, will be interesting to see how this goes. They were very much in demand and rare due to the time taken to make each one.

I believe they do allow clearance for an aero roof, you can also fit the standard blind to hide most of it but I like to see mine.

how much did these cost when they were new?

Looking at it I wouldn't say there is a chance that an aero roof would fit in the boot aswell.

I paid just over £200 for the built item incl the painting. As these are limited I expect this to go for more. Otherwise I'll keep it.

Would a 13" slimline jl audio sub fit with adjustments to the box? or is the 10" the biggest sub that would fit?

It's a fibreglass box, so if you're good at fabrication you could modify it, but then if you were good with fibreglass you could just make your own 13" version.

i made 4 off these in total, michael had the first, another lad had 1 trimmed in carpet so i think thats what damanc has, this one was made from the mould i built which took so many hours of my time.

even the finishing takes over 30hours. i kind of wanted one for myself and thought id make a few, didnt get my money back, lol.

i made a 1 off 12" one for imi, so i can say a 13" sub will not fit this box, it was built for 10" design with the amount of air volume,

i made 4 off these in total, michael had the first, another lad had 1 trimmed in carpet so i think thats what damanc has, this one was made from the mould i built which took so many hours of my time.

even the finishing takes over 30hours. i kind of wanted one for myself and thought id make a few, didnt get my money back, lol.

i made a 1 off 12" one for imi, so i can say a 13" sub will not fit this box, it was built for 10" design with the amount of air volume,

Sweet :) I had the one from the mould.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.