The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pair Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 295/35 18

David P

• 2 weeks later...

They are non directional 'parametric' tyres.

Stick like **** to a blanket and very good in the wet.

Here's a bit of bumf, but there's a lot more on the net, these tyres have been voted the top dogs danglies.

"The Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta is the newest ace in the Ultra High Performance (UHP) segment. The Sessanta is based on the strong points of the Ultrac series and has been optimised even further to give very good steering and handling characteristics. Giugiaro Design has given the Ultrac Sessanta an innovative design, with a line pattern that clearly shows that performance comes first. The name Sessanta refers to the sixty years of Vredestein's existence in Enschede. In tribute to Vredestein's unique collaborative partnership with Giugiaro Design, "sixty" will be written in Italian: sessanta.

Parametric design - from the drawing board to the shelf

The Ultrac Sessanta is designed parametrically. This means that the tread construction, shape and contours are optimised for every size using mathematical formulae based on design parameters. Each size of the Ultrac Sessanta therefore offers maximum design quality."

?? I see the spelling mistake, but Quote me ??

Even if tyres are directional you simply turn them 180 degrees to have them going the opposite direction. Have a look at the pic then imagine either the left one or the right one rotating 180 degrees.... it is now set to rotate in the opposite direction ;)

The only issue with rotation is when putting them onto the wheels, you have to make sure they are the right way round putting them on.... buying them it makes no difference.

They look like a directional design to me though :shrug:

Even if tyres are directional you simply turn them 180 degrees to have them going the opposite direction. Have a look at the pic then imagine either the left one or the right one rotating 180 degrees.... it is now set to rotate in the opposite direction ;)

The only issue with rotation is when putting them onto the wheels, you have to make sure they are the right way round putting them on.... buying them it makes no difference.

They look like a directional design to me though :shrug:

Yeah I get what you are saying, but as these tyres have a single line grove on one side only, that wouldn't of been possible, if you see what I mean, as you would expect the line to be on the inside or outside of both tyres.

Well I get what I meant anyway:p LOL

anyway they aren't directional:d

• 2 months later...

just to clear up, they are assimetric tyres, they have side that faces in regardless of what side of the car they are on and a side that faces out.

now your going to say " but one will be running the opposite way to the other "

verry true it will, but many tyres are made like this e.g avon zv3 continental premuim contact 2 , michelin pilot pramecy just to name a few.

and finally the vredstiens are exelent tyres imho

free bump

Ideally I wanted 285's to retain stock circumference, but Vredestein don't make that size.

One of the 295's was fitted to a 9.5J and inflated, but when measured, the circumference was + 10%

Chose to use the 275's which are -2% than stock.

Nice tyres and well rated it seems.

But looking at that photo I reckon you used Selecta tyres in Kettering

!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif
Based on two terrible experiences with them I would never use them again or reccomend them to anyone.

Very good tyres David, shame I am on 17's.

I've got some Vredestein Ultrac on mine car but not the Sessanta, I can highly recommend the Vredestein brand, extremely good in the wet & great in the dry. Some people are worried to drive their Supra's in the wet, I don't with these tyres ;)

That's why I chose them to fit on mine.

Supra's are infamous for being 'naughty' when the roads are wet, so it made perfect sense to use the very best wet handling tyres.

Simples. :)

P.S. Can you pick up Sky sport on that thing? ;)

Mmmmm :think:

Maybe I should add to my signature.

'No off topic griping please'.

;)

"off topic" Sorry I thought you were flogging tyres and it the picture seemed to suggest you may have used a second rate tyre supplier/fitter, so I didn't think it was too far off topic. Maybe you work there and that's why my post provoked that response. :) Anyhow David, good luck with the sale, nice tyres, crap tyre fitters. In fact the ones I met there were as you mention "simples"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.