The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sky reception???

peter richards

hi guys , been getting a well i can only think a poor reception on the tv , picture and sound breaking up , i know that the CS is suposed to be awful from feedback on other forums .

so anyway just phoned them and actually got through , so after about 25 mins of the nice lady checking my system , she tells me all is ok her end that she didnt detect a problem , but its still there so a bit of a waste of time and a phone call , so not sure what to do next TBH .

any sugestions apart from going back to virgin , which was werse .lol

peter:search:

ok so today its still the same , so phoned again , she didnt have the info from yesterdays test so she did it again , and couldnt find anything .

so an engineer will have to come out and take a look , and at £60 i dont think so , plus she tried to sell me a free HD box , thats the biggest joke of all time £60 install and an extra £10 a month on the package so hardly free lol

I have just had same thing couldnt get half the channels!.. started with just music channels then film then pretty much most sky channels, they said all was ok their end etc.. ended up paying the £65 and got a new dish first, that didn't cure it so gave us new box...all was fine.... going to keep an eye on it tho as warranty is only 3 months and couple of channels have started doing it again already:(

The 60 quid includes any hardware that they have to replace though.

I reckon an engineer would replace the box, £60 is good value and better than you buying a secondhand one yourself.

Satcure is a good website for Sky problems.

It's worth reading through everything in the link below.

Here's one problem.

Picture "breaking up" with RGB selected

There is a known problem with the tuner module in the TU-DSB31,which causes picture break-up when RGB is selected in the menu. If you select PAL in the menu, the problem goes away. If you really want to use RGB then you will have to get your tuner module repaired. (It is not yet known if this problem affects later models. However, it does not affect earlier models.)

http://www.satcure.co.uk/panasonic.htm

so an engineer will have to come out and take a look , and at £60 i dont think so

Bear in mind mate that £60 will cover everything, (cable,dish,LNB & box)

plus she tried to sell me a free HD box , thats the biggest joke of all time £60 install and an extra £10 a month on the package so hardly free lol

This is the best option imho.

The box is free yeah, however the £60 will cover the cost of new twin coax cable (as you may only have a single feed), quad LNB & dish if need be but depends on how old yours is....

Also you don't have to pay the additional £10 a month for HD. You can just use it as a normal Sky+ box but still have the facilities to upgrade to HD in the future if you wish. They just don't tell you that at the time. I have about 5 jobs a day which I do that choose this option tbh.

I recently bought a new quad LNB off ebay, only a tenner, fitted in minutes. I now have full sky+ (single before), better picture quality and it cured the 'no satelite signal being received' issue i was having.

I did also run a new cable so that could have been an issue as well. For £60 you're probably better advised to let them do it, I'm just mean and prefer to do things myself!