The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Internet speed again

Matt H

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not all about who your with, that's mainly related to the quality of service and stability/reliability.

It mostly comes down to how far you are from your exchange.

Matt are you nearing 10 miles away? If not I'd say you have a fault.

I missed the post where you got 1mb, I'd guess you have a fault.

Bt will tell you to plug your router into the master socket with a standard lead(no extension) and try different filters. try that, it will let you know if you have an in house fault. If possible try a different router to eliminate that possibility.

If that's ok it will be in the street or at the exchange.

Last comment. This isn't a new line set up is it, as they do fluctuate for a week or so?

It's not all about who your with, that's mainly related to the quality of service and stability/reliability.

It mostly comes down to how far you are from your exchange.

Ric are you nearing 10 miles away? If not I'd say you have a fault.

I missed the post where you got 1mb, I'd guess you have a fault.

Bt will tell you to plug your router into the master socket with a standard lead(no extension) and try different filters. try that, it will let you know if you have an in house fault. If possible try a different router to eliminate that possibility.

If that's ok it will be in the street or at the exchange.

Last comment. This isn't a new line set up is it, as they do fluctuate for a week or so?

Im about 2 miles from the exchange, as the crow flys, but obviously the cable could be 4 miles who knows.

Im on the 8mbit service, after working at a ISP on the technical side id consider 6.5mb quite good and without fault