The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fallout : New Vegas

Mike

At level 30 with quests still to do,really annoying because I'd be about level 35 now if it wasnt for the level cap.thought they would have sorted this out

It capped at 20 on the initial release of Fallout 3 - the DLC pushed it up to 30.

I agree... imagine all those traits you'd have by now! :D

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this on the weekend, not normally a fan as I prefer the fast pace of FPS but wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Its interesting, not the most thrilling, too slow to get around at times. No idea how lock picking or terminal hacking works though. So far I've met up with NCR to take out a prison, didn't get anything about protecting PRIMM. Think I might go wandering later, pick a direction and just keep walking. Oh and some card game about caravans, no idea how that works! Need to do some research methinks.

Finished the main missions on hard within 4 days last week, it is excellent but is too easy once you get a NPC companion. next time i'll be doing it on hardcore without an NPC, but i think i'll wait until i've got some time off uni :D

If you're having difficulty with any of the enemies, having the Multiplas and anti materiel rifle helps greatly :) I like to keep the ballistic fist is handy, for close encounters...

Finally finished the main quest and a fair few of the side ones. 68 hours according to the save game file, but that doesn't seem right! Found the last battle really difficult, even with most of the best weapons and armour!

Going to give it a proper play though when time allows. I think completing all the quests and most importantly in the right order is going to be very difficult, if not impossible.. Still not sure of the "right" way to go about being a good person in New Vegas, the decison lines between doing right and wrong are sometimes very unclear until many, many hours later in the game. It's definetely not as black and white as Fallout 3.

Is it true that the PC version downloads from Steam even if you've bought the the retail DVD?

It's only the verification and patch(s) that's loaded by Steam, the game is on the disc. Still a bit of a pain when you've bought the DVD and still need to use online verification and patching via Steam, but that's the way games are heading...

I might pick it up this weekend. Not sure how it'll run on my laptop though. F3 was okay if slow at times.

It definetely needs a bit more GFX power to run at the same settings as F3, but lowering a few of the big hitters like 8x AA and 16xMS really helps. If you can run F3 at reasonable settings you shouldn't have any problems in NV for the most part. It can slow down a bit when there are a LOT of people in a small area (NV allows a great deal more NPC's)

PS: It's an absolute must to update your GFX drivers with this game, it didn't run too well on a 2 month old driver, but updating to the lastest Nvidia one significantly improved the speed (from 25fps to 40fps+)

It definetely needs a bit more GFX power to run at the same settings as F3, but lowering a few of the big hitters like 8x AA and 16xMS really helps. If you can run F3 at reasonable settings you shouldn't have any problems in NV for the most part. It can slow down a bit when there are a LOT of people in a small area (NV allows a great deal more NPC's)

PS: It's an absolute must to update your GFX drivers with this game, it didn't run too well on a 2 month old driver, but updating to the lastest Nvidia one significantly improved the speed (from 25fps to 40fps+)

I haven't updated my gfx drivers since.....oooh....Fallout 3 came out! I'll make sure I get on that. TBH I usually turn AA down to minimum anyway. My laptop will only display at 1280 by 800 so I make sure it runs fine at that resolution and then experiment until I'm happy.

IMO if a game is engaging you properly you don't really notice what you may be missing gfx wise.

Finally finished the main quest and a fair few of the side ones. 68 hours according to the save game file, but that doesn't seem right! Found the last battle really difficult, even with most of the best weapons and armour!

Going to give it a proper play though when time allows. I think completing all the quests and most importantly in the right order is going to be very difficult, if not impossible.. Still not sure of the "right" way to go about being a good person in New Vegas, the decison lines between doing right and wrong are sometimes very unclear until many, many hours later in the game. It's definetely not as black and white as Fallout 3.

I'm at 60 hours, I'm at Level 30 and have completed it with Good NCR and Good Independance endings, still got lots to explore aswell as I got the perk that reveals all the locations.

In regard to the black and white, it isn't, that's what I like about it as it can sometimes not have any truly 'good' options, like a quest I did last night where you have to go to a vault and decide whether to give one of the farms clean water for their crops or save some trapped people in the vault.

I concur, I let her get smashed up by those pesky Cazadors while I leg it!

I hate those damn things.. I team up with Lily and she/he kicks ass :D Doesnt seem to die either!! Animal friend perk might help you avoid those... but after you weapon up a bit they become easier to kill.

Get Boone and Rex the metal dog

Not come across them yet.

Boone is in the town with the big dinosaur,can't remember the name of the top of my head.get Rex te dog from the kings in Freetown near Vegas

They will make everythin easier

I hate those damn things.. I team up with Lily and she/he kicks ass :D Doesnt seem to die either!! Animal friend perk might help you avoid those... but after you weapon up a bit they become easier to kill.

Not come across them yet.

i have that brotherhood of steel girl following me, the one that smacks everything, Vanessa i think. i am not hugely liked by anyone apart from independant towns and the brotherhood, i have killed ALOT of NCR, still only just got to Vegas and i have been playing for 55 hours, i just like sniping the legion.

i am gutted the chinese stealth suit doesnt 'cloak' anymore as it did in fallout 3...