The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fallout : New Vegas

Mike

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah only had a quick faff for now, looks amazing on top quality, only thing I am unsure about is autosave. A couple of times I have been to places and died and found myself right back at the tutorial. Does it only autosave when I enter a building?

Liking it so far, those glass bottles were no match for my varmit rifle!

That sounds like the save issue as the game does autosave when exiting a building but the bug causes the game to load the wrong save when you press Continue on the main menu (it's obviously supposed to load the latest save, but doesn't)

Does anyone know if it's on offer anywhere?

I was just going to call by Blockbuster on the way home, but if there are any offers at Morrisons/Asda/Tesco I might go there? :)

Anyone been out and about today?

I haven't left the house for about two days!

However, http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270968 says that Tesco is cheapest with 800 MS points thrown. Is that any good?

Smashing virtual prostitutes with sledgehammers was never meant to be this fun!

The flamer weapons seem a lot more effective than in Fallout 3, those scorpions just shrivel. No spoilers but I had one bit so far in a building when I was getting absolutely wailed on. I took a stealth boy to give a bit of invisibility and just crept up and knifed everyone :)

I know I should have read more into it but can anyone give a quick overview on how to hack computer terminals? You choose a word and it tells you how many letters of the password you have got right or something?

Blatent copypasta:

Hacking in Fallout

Raise your Science skill. While Luck and a few other factors feed into your success with hacking, nothing has more of an influence than the Science skill. The more Science you have, the less wrong choices appear and the higher level computers you can hack. You can hack any computer in the game with the full 100 Science skill.

Look for brackets facing each other on each line. There can be things in between them, but what you are mainly looking for is: { }, [ ] and ( ). There can be any number of things in between them, such as {%&$} and (*). Scroll through each line to find as many as you can. Each bracket pair will either delete one of the wrong choices (thus narrowing down the possibilities for the right password) or refresh your attempts. Refreshing your attempts grants you four new chances to guess the right password. Unfortunately, whether a bracket pair refreshes your chances or deletes a dud password is totally random. Either way though, it's a good thing. Note that bracket pairs will highlight themselves when you scroll over them.

Try a password. Once you've found all the bracket pairs, pick a password at random. If the password is incorrect, you will receive a number, such as 3/7. This tells you how many of the letters in the password you just picked are in the correct position.

Write down all the rest of the passwords. This is where the graph paper comes in handy. Write the rest of the possible passwords directly beneath the one you guessed.

Go through your list and eliminate the words that do not match the correct number of correct letters. For example: You guess the password FALLING and got 3/7 correct. Beneath it, you have FRAILTY and STEWING. You can eliminate FRAILTY because it does not have three letters in the same places as FALLING. However, STEWING does (ING), so it remains a possibility. Continue eliminating words in your list until you narrow down your choices.

Pick the next most likely password. It is possible that you will have several possible passwords that have the correct letter positioning as your first guessed password. In that case, pick another one of your possibilities and narrow it down again. Keep going until you have one possibility left

Lock picking is more useful imo - it returns more ammo.

I usually go, small guns, unarmed, lockpicking, repairs

Max out iron fist - and get me some deathclaws from the top right corner of the map.

You can toe-to-toe melee with deathclaws and yao guai in there own camps then :)

Got this finally in the afternoon, was awesome for the first 2 hours untill i downloaded the "patch" onto my 360 then...... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i cant tell you how pissed off i am ... game freezes every 30 seconds, is virtually unplayable, i hope they fix this issue soon as i loved all the fallout games.....

Does make you wonder though... why did they release it if its clearly not ready ?? really grinds my gears when they do that. :rolleyes:

Been playing this for a few days now on the 360 and i'm really enjoying it!

Does anyone know if you can find your 'total time played' somewhere in the game?

PC version puts you play time on your save file - take a look at the load game screen.

I'm not going to reveal what mine says :blush:

I bought it on Friday - played it for two hours before going to bed at 2am. I went to play it first thing in the morning and....my Xbox Elite suffered a virtual heart attack. That's right RROD.

F*CK!!!!!

In the process of taking it apart. In the meantime my bro has leant me his old Xbox 360 - One of those arcades, I think. Works fine but I instantly see the difference in Graphics - ergh - damn you Microsoft.

if all goes Pete Tong, it's off to the CEX shop for a replacement Elite or a new one for £150 or however much.

BTW, you can buy Vegas for the same price as Game from HMV. Difference is HMV will give you a free T-shirt - yay!

D

having played nothing but mw2 for the last year i got this for a change and it certainly is that.....for me its a little linear and even in the early stages its very clear with certain things you would have no chance of having the skill lvls need to repair lock pick in areas that are new starter areas and you will most likely never venture back there once you have those skills anyway

having played nothing but mw2 for the last year i got this for a change and it certainly is that.....for me its a little linear and even in the early stages its very clear with certain things you would have no chance of having the skill lvls need to repair lock pick in areas that are new starter areas and you will most likely never venture back there once you have those skills anyway

Thats kind of the point, you actually need to backtrack every so often, in order to complete challenges and side missions, or you miss out on finding some of the good stuff,weapons, abilities etc.