The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fallout : New Vegas

Mike

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it not out today? :(

And do I buy the PC version, which is cheaper and I can play it at a higher resolution... or the console version?

Decisions decisions.

Definitely the console version buddy!

Just think;

Worse graphics, worse resolutions, stupid controls, dumbed down game play, costs more.

:D

Pre ordered off steam last night. I had Fallout 3 on the XBox which I like a lot but still prefer to play with keyboard and mouse, hope my investment in a 5770 crossfire makes it look nice and pretty and on holiday from Wednesday so plenty of time to mess about on it :)

Only thing I hope it doesnt have though is one of those annoyingly long tutorials before you can go out and do your own thing.

Definitely the console version buddy!

Just think;

Worse graphics, worse resolutions, stupid controls, dumbed down game play, costs more.

:D

SOLD! :D

I bought FO3 on both PC and PS3. I enjoyed the PC one after I'd played it normally to death by then using console to make the world very amusing - i.e take on the world with melee weapons and making dogmeat invulnerable :)

Seems to be quite good stress relief going round the wasteland beating everything to death at close quarters

And now the PC version is available for theft ;) Not surprising as the retail version is now available in the US

Some of the comments from the US fanbase are a bit concerning, some say they have completed the main plot in 4 hours :blink: Not sure how true that is...

Just downloading to take a sneaky look before it's released on Steam this Friday, will let you know what it's like (no spoilers though!) :)

had it on re order for agessssssssssssss now lol its goin to be cum tastic!

I did pre order the limited edition but think it will be a waste of money as there is no in game extras... will see when i collect it

Oh just a thought, Homer your a mod, there is so much game talk on this fourm i think over 50% of us are die hard gamers lol. So yo should change this to "The MKIV Super Owners and Gamers Club" lol and if your a paid member you get a % off games off steam, xbox live and the playstion Network.

Sounds good to me ;)

Oh and i'll be on PC :)

Likewise, been looking forward to this for a long time... 50 minutes left to download... wish I hadn't hit the dreaded daily traffic-throttle limit earlier today!

Anyone manage to get a go on it yet? I'm feeling the consequences at work early this morning after my binge last night! :innocent:

Some of the comments from the US fanbase are a bit concerning, some say they have completed the main plot in 4 hours :blink: Not sure how true that is...

That is quite worrying, but then I was disappointed at how short the main story line was in Fallout 3. It was only because of all the side plots you get caught up in that takes up all your time.

If you actually just stuck to what is needed to complete the game it wouldn't take you that long at all.

3 hours to go ;)

I cannot see any way the main plot could be completed in anywhere near the time some people are saying, let alone 4 hours! There seems to be a similar level of content as Fallout 3, perhaps a little less, but I've only get a few hours into it.

Graphics are improved, some nice new effects and the enviroments feel a more realistic than Fallout 3. It does need more GFX power to run, Fallout 3 used to run in Ultra at full res, but now had to go to High settings and a little less than closer to 720p, even then the frame rate is a bit lower than I prefer.

One thing though, I hope the main release has all the bugs fixed, the leaked version has shown a number of issues already (getting stuck in a spot, poor enemy AI, very difficult to shoot people due to the incredibly random way they move around, being shot from people so far away you can't even see them, very slow to get to the pip-boy in a fight - making it difficult to heal or swap weapons, plus lots more)

It is a leaked copy so is probably not the finished item. I have noticed 3 updates go into my steam pre-loaded copy since Monday, so hopefully they are patching it before the main release tomorrow.

3 hours to go ;)

Graphics are improved, some nice new effects and the enviroments feel a more realistic than Fallout 3. It does need more GFX power to run, Fallout 3 used to run in Ultra at full res, but now had to go to High settings and a little less than closer to 720p, even then the frame rate is a bit lower than I prefer.

Can I ask what GPU you're running Homer? I have a 4890 and wanting to get a 5xxx series card to flash it but can't until I can sell my 4890.

Shame games are so GPU dependant... my machine's a 3Ghz 8-core beastie! Yet I need a decent GPU for the AA etc..

Can I ask what GPU you're running Homer? I have a 4890 and wanting to get a 5xxx series card to flash it but can't until I can sell my 4890.

Shame games are so GPU dependant... my machine's a 3Ghz 8-core beastie! Yet I need a decent GPU for the AA etc..

I don't think you have too much to worry about, I only have a a 9800GTX+, which is only 60% the power of a 4890