The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fallout : New Vegas

Mike

How excited am I!? :D

Here is the trailer... a bit poor.. but new Fallout all the same :)

vk6KY9NqW2c

..and there is an update to the Fallout Wiki :)

While New Vegas is not a direct sequel, it will use the same engine and be in the same style as Fallout 3, and is being developed by some of the people who worked on previous Fallout games at Black Isle Studios. It will be set in and around post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. It has a projected release date of Fall 2010 and will be available on the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

..and the V.A.T.S system is still in there too :eyebrows:

Released : 'Fall' 2010.. which means what? September?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the review on Xbox live and from what they were saying, it's going back slightly to Fall Out 1 & 2 mechanics where your reputation also effects how people interact with you and based in the same area as that Fall Out 1 & 2 was set(New California Republic?). Not only that, but like Fall Out 1 and 2, you can now "modify" your weapons. So you don't have to chuck your weapon away so quickly in favour of the "higher" level gun.

Hmm...I'm not a Fall Out fan...

Brilliant. Still playing Fallout3, bought the Game of the Year PC version, just finished the main quest and many side quests. I just started playing Broken Steel, so far it's excellent.

I've got the GOTY edition also, but so far I've not been able to get past the 10th birthday...just crash after crash after crash :(

I've got the GOTY edition also, but so far I've not been able to get past the 10th birthday...just crash after crash after crash :(

Have you downloaded the patch for the main game? I found that, making sure Windows Live was up to date and no issues with Dx helped smooth out a lot of crashes on the PC version. On XP anyway.

Have you downloaded the patch for the main game? I found that, making sure Windows Live was up to date and no issues with Dx helped smooth out a lot of crashes on the PC version. On XP anyway.

Yeah, seems ok now..was fine all through the first vault.

I had to disable the changing desktop backgroun on Windows7 basically I'm guessing everytime it changed it was making the game crash.

Must be somehow interferring with my GPU (Radeon ATI HD 4850)

Still get a lot of crashes though now i'm in the wasteland, but will see if I can fix some more :)

Updated Windows Live also, thanks anyway :)

Yeah, seems ok now..was fine all through the first vault.

I had to disable the changing desktop backgroun on Windows7 basically I'm guessing everytime it changed it was making the game crash.

Must be somehow interferring with my GPU (Radeon ATI HD 4850)

Still get a lot of crashes though now i'm in the wasteland, but will see if I can fix some more :)

Updated Windows Live also, thanks anyway :)

Generally with Windows I found the more services/programs you can close that are not core to the OS when you're running games the better.

Alas no experience of W7, but yes I was getting a lot of crashes whilst out in the wasteland and on the broken steel areas and it seemed to be down to the base exe and DirectX.

Anyway, go off and enjoy :)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...