The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Old games are cool!

The Raven

I picked up the god of war collection on import about a month ago. I miss GOW on the ps2 and with all the hype of GOW3 i thought it best to play the first 2.

Im hooked, im quite surprised that im not fussed by the ps2 style graphics or the simply style of gameplay. MW2 is still sitting here half played.

News of the uk release is that it will only come in a boxset, all 3 games. Costing around £110!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would advise picking up the import one.

Failing that i will sell mine on once im done with it.

I need to finish it before AVP is out.

I wonder if sony will reboot any of the other big games? (kingdom hearts, Shadow of col) ect

Although I am obviously a little biased, but have you tried Dante's Inferno. Similar style of game to GOW, but set around the seven deadly sins and the circles of hell.

It's what I call a 'pretty button-basher with big weapons', similar to "Ninety-Nine Knights", "Heavenly Sword", "God Of War", even "Chaos Legion" if you want to go old(ish) school. I'm really enjoying it right now, the atmosphere and the story are pretty cool, especially if you pick up on the references throughout the game to myths, legends and religious stories.

I have heard that Shadow of the Colossus 2 was supposed to be in production, but this is an industry rumour that's been bouncing around for some time now. Supposedly developed for PS3 (obviously) with 2-player mode too.

Old skool gaming is great - seemed like much more was put into the gameplay itself rather than just the graphics.

I have a hacked PSP which I use for all my old skool gaming needs and dust it off everytime I have a long journey on a plane, train or bus. Nothing makes the hours go faster than a bit of Zelda LTTP, donkey kong country etc

As for dreamcast - that's got to be one of the most underated consoles ever. I had one and at the time of N64 and PS1 it was more comparable to a PS2 and the other consoles 1 generation ahead! 60fps high res gaming, but the worst copy protection ever ;)

Love the god of war games one of my favourates I have them both for ps2. Can't wait for god of war 3 looking at the game websites though you can buy it for £39 so would seem odd that they would only do it as a boxset

Sorry i ment the god of war collection is only availbable as part of a box set with GOW3 which is a £110 or am i wrong?

Did anyone ever own a dreamcast? That was a brill console shenmue and skies of arcadia.

Some of my fondest gaming memories are with the Dreamcast, it was like having the arcades at home. I still play on it occasionally now, though it doesn't like talking to my Plasma over RGB Scart (or my old 100hz CRT) so I have to dig out an old CRT to play. :(

I've recently started playing Transport Tycoon again (OpenTTD), scarily addictive and great fun. The dated graphics don't bother me one bit, the gameplay is still brilliant.

haha yeah crazy taxi forgot about that one that was a class, and dont forget ready to rumble!!!

I think the snes was probably the best era for gaming, the collection of high quality games was awesome. Mario kart battle mode I was a god at on the snes, if only the new mario karts where as good :(

Anyone remember the first time they played mario 64? That game truly was as perfect a game as could be at the time.

Making me wanna dust of the old consoles now this lol, forget call of duty!

Bombjack, nice call. Which version is that though; I don't remember it looking that good on my old spectrum! My brother still uses Bombjack to tell me I have bad taste in games though...

I also echo the sentiments of "PS2 does not equal old games"! Whippersnappers, etc...

Bombjack, nice call. Which version is that though; I don't remember it looking that good on my old spectrum! My brother still uses Bombjack to tell me I have bad taste in games though...

I also echo the sentiments of "PS2 does not equal old games"! Whippersnappers, etc...

I don't know the version, it was just the first to come up on google images :)

I used to play it on the C64 though, ah those were the days :D

Its all about the 8 bit era, ps1 is new school! lol