The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 TT auto.

SupraHuman

Up for sale is my other Supra.

It's a 1993 GZ TT auto.

ODO reads 163 000km but a delimiter was installed about 3500 miles ago.Now reads MPH

It had a re spray 05/04-2007.We fitted a brand new rear hatch prior to paint job due to the old one had rusted.

The car is bog standard,no modifications of any kind bar a set of Ultralite 18" alloys.

Also fitted are a Greddy boost,exhaust and oil pressure gauge.

Very rare BLITZ speedo facia.

I will fit a ARC SMIC with HKS hard pipes prior to sale.

My GF has owned the car for the last 7 years until I took it over in january,it has been serviced by Freelance Toyota in Jersey through out her ownership.

Bad bits:

Worn driver seat

Worn dash panels(easy fix with a spray job)

Wheels are curbed in places.

Lights on the heater contol panel does not always light up(needs a push on the panel,but all buttons work)

Passenger door does not open when key is used in driver door(this happend after we got the car back from re spray and my guess is someone forgot a connector during assembly of door panel)

Dent just behind the rear wheel on passenger side(will take a close up pic)

Price £5000 ono.

Only got one picture for now but will take more tomorrow.

I'll find out Jamie,Ben I trust you know this better than me :)

VAT is applicable on anything being exported from Jersey going to the Uk that is valued at £18 or over as VAT has never been paid on said item. This isn't as good as it sounds before anyone comments :p

However, I was told by the local DVLA a few years ago that if a car is over a certain age then no VAT has to be paid on it going to the Uk providing the owner is leaving Jersey too i.e taking the car with them. They are always changing the goal posts as the Uk government are getting p1ssed off with people openly flaunting this. Best to double check but I'm sure these are ways around this :D

When posting items from Jersey to the Uk if something is sent as a "Returned Item" it passes through Uk customs with out any problems what so ever!

VAT is applicable on anything being exported from Jersey going to the Uk that is valued at £18 or over as VAT has never been paid on said item. This isn't as good as it sounds before anyone comments :p

However, I was told by the local DVLA a few years ago that if a car is over a certain age then no VAT has to be paid on it going to the Uk providing the owner is leaving Jersey too i.e taking the car with them. They are always changing the goal posts as the Uk government are getting p1ssed off with people openly flaunting this. Best to double check but I'm sure these are ways around this :D

When posting items from Jersey to the Uk if something is sent as a "Returned Item" it passes through Uk customs with out any problems what so ever!

Good info,but I ain't leaving....yet ;)

I'll have a word with Nigel or Paul @ DVS monday.

Good info,but I ain't leaving....yet ;)

I'll have a word with Nigel or Paul @ DVS monday.

I'd say Paul's your man. Just a scenario to consider, if you were to sell the to someone in Uk, drive the car over & register it to yourself at the new owners address with the Uk DVLA. Once thats done just give them the log book to change into their name :sly:

It might not be as easy as that but if it is, it beats taking a hit of 17.5% VAT(£744.86, based on asking price of 5K) and will almost certainly aid your sale. Another option could be to adjust the value of the car on the hand written receipt.

Best of luck dude ;)

I'd say Paul's your man. Just a scenario to consider, if you were to sell the to someone in Uk, drive the car over & register it to yourself at the new owners address with the Uk DVLA. Once thats done just give them the log book to change into their name :sly:

It might not be as easy as that but if it is, it beats taking a hit of 17.5% VAT(£744.86, based on asking price of 5K) and will almost certainly aid your sale. Another option could be to adjust the value of the car on the hand written receipt.

Best of luck dude ;)

Cheers Ben,or I'll just slash £500 of the asking price and be done with it :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.