The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happens when you die? (serious question)

Jamesy

You seem to have taken it upon yourself to believe that I'm wrong and need re-educating.

by no means- apologies if i have given the impression. consider it a communicative inadequacy on my part in the mist of my attempts to discuss opinions.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about if I live a morally good life, and basically do everything right with the single missing thing of not believing in him? Can I still get a pearly pass?

Although that is a great way to live life, (and I applaud it) it wont get you to heaven. We need to realised that we are all born sinners, and we need saving

What did it say to you when you last spoke to it?

Last time I spoke to God was a few mins ago, however I wasnt listening for a reply :) The last time God did speak to me, he was warning me to be carful about something, (something I wish not to discuss here ;))

Last time I spoke to God was a few mins ago, however I wasnt listening for a reply :) The last time God did speak to me, he was warning me to be carful about something, (something I wish not to discuss here ;))

Pity the people of Haiti ignored him that day too. ;)

Discuss :)

Although that is a great way to live life, (and I applaud it) it wont get you to heaven. We need to realised that we are all born sinners, and we need saving

In any other situation, if you openly admitted to talking to and listening to someone that nobody else could see or hear, you would be suspected of suffering from some form of mental illness.

In any other situation, if you openly admitted to talking to and listening to someone that nobody else could see or hear, you would be suspected of suffering from some form of mental illness.

Oh dear - I have some of the best conversations - with myself :D

Still, no sky daddy is involved.

The last time God did speak to me, he was warning me to be carful about something, (something I wish not to discuss here ;))

Fascinating ... So if you dont mind me asking - how can you be sure your communications are actually with god and not the result of an overactive/willing imagination? faith?

If so, if this voice asked you to do something you (or society in general) considered to be morally questionable would you comply?

Haha, true... if I spoke to a psychologist and told them I talk to Jesus every day and he talks back... Id most probably get locked up ;)

Fascinating ... So if you dont mind me asking - how can you be sure your communications are actually with god and not the result of an overactive/willing imagination? faith?

If so, if this voice asked you to do something you (or society in general) considered to be morally questionable would you comply?

In the bible they are called spiritual gifts, even allot of Christians today say that these gifts died out when the apostles died, but there is no evidence for that at all... and the main evidence for is that if you are a Christian, and you ask... God gives.

Eg. Prophecy, there were prophets in the old times that tried to direct Israel, they largely abused the gift. Also people like Paul, who didnt and who saved many people.

Sometimes when we ask God speak to us it can be real subtle like a flash of an image in your mind (some would say an over active imagination) but this is my experience...

I was speaking in Church one day and I had such an image flash up in my mind, of a tree and someone carving names into it... at the very same time, a friend of mine who had just become a christian was thinking how worthless she was and that all the b/f's she had been out with had left deep wounds in her, like they were carving their name into her like a tree.....

... And then comes me saying over the mic that I feel God is saying this to someone... (I then said about the tree image I mentioned before) things like that happening at the same time dont happen often, therefore... I feel it is God speaking. The result of that image was that she got prayer and her wounds started to heal.

Was it a coincidence?... some would say yes, but the more you practice this gift, the better at it you get... and the more 'coincidences' that happen, you realise they are not, and really is God speaking. This is just one gift of many that God gives, it comes under the banner of prophecy (word of knowledge)

....call it rubbish if you like, but it works, and I cannot deny God because of it. The more supernatural you see happening in the name of God, the more you believe... my nan was healed of cancer, 7 tumours on her spine... the DR's still cannot explain how she can walk, let alone how she is alive...

Sorry for the essay.....