The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happens when you die? (serious question)

Jamesy

Sympathies about losing your mom.

I have the answer - absolutely nothing!!

The lights turn off and we simply return to the soil, ultimately we all came from stardust and that's where we're headed.

Mankind's most primal and instinctive fear is losing one's life and the uncertainty about what happens after.

To comfort and console ourselves we've spent the best part of the last 10K yrs devising complex belief systems and religions to give us a support system, like a warm blanket, to cope with this life and the supposed after.

It's all part of the human condition and our superior intelligence that means we have to keep looking for an answer. In my view there is'nt one. Add to that the fact that we are so stranded on this planet it's mind boggling.

Some things about life really are that simple, despite how utterly hopeless it seems. Human beings can't seem to accept simplicity, but if you think deeply about it, simplicity is really beautiful.

Let's make the most of this life & be happy, it's all we've got.

Peace.

Amen.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add to that the fact that we are so stranded on this planet it's mind boggling.

Just because we cant seem to find any other intelligent life outside of Earth doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.....

Just because there are things that we don't understand doesn't mean that we can continue being ignorant.

In my opinion when you die,that's it game over,worm food. I have quite a few JW's in my family,fucking loons the lot of them, to them they will arise on judgement day or something and sit next to god. I think the whole thread got a bit side tracked from what Jamesy asked but as far as religion is concerned it's all down to faith.You'll have Christians claiming they're right and Muslims claiming they're right,mix in a few buddahs,a few more bearded men with or without a turban and you'll get todays society. Me I beleive in evolution and my own abilities, it's more down to how you conduct yourself towards others that will decide how you'll be remebered once youre gone.

Still...there has NEVER been ONE transitional fossil ever found (just a handful of doubtfuls) which should make up the vast majority of the fossil record. This is the single most important factor for proving the theory evolution, which is missing

OF course you could ignore this fact and put blind faith in it, and if anyone wants to, go ahead.

:rlol:

The lights turn off and we simply return to the soil, ultimately we all came from stardust and that's where we're headed.

Mankind's most primal and instinctive fear is losing one's life and the uncertainty about what happens after.

To comfort and console ourselves we've spent the best part of the last 10K yrs devising complex belief systems and religions to give us a support system, like a warm blanket, to cope with this life and the supposed after.

It's all part of the human condition and our superior intelligence that means we have to keep looking for an answer. In my view there is'nt one. Add to that the fact that we are so stranded on this planet it's mind boggling.

Some things about life really are that simple, despite how utterly hopeless it seems. Human beings can't seem to accept simplicity, but if you think deeply about it, simplicity is really beautiful.

Peace.

Very well put and my thoughts exactly.

I always liked to think that this life was a bit like a test, what with all the bad sh!t that happens, and when you die it was your ticket to the "proper" life with no terrorists, war, peado's, murderes and rapists etc.

Its wierd how the "good die young" and the arseholes seem to live to a rip old age (massive generalisation i know!)

Then i think to myself do i think that way because i believ it .... or just because it sounds nice?!

If its a test - where do all those 'bad people' you mention go to? is there one place for the good and one for the bad? or do they get 'reformed' and become goody goodies all living happily together?

I like to think that my dad passed away to a place with no pain or suffering and lots of steam trains and Ford Pops :innocent:

Thanx for your input fella! ;)

Peace.

had two jehovah's witnesses or whatever they are call last night , and apparently he (god)is due any day now .

so i just said when he arrives to come back and sign me up

Many years ago, two JWs were loitering with intent and eventually rang our doorbell.

My dad was decorating at the time and fancied a break and a chat - so he invited them in.

After 2 hours... they asked to leave :D

I like to think that my dad passed away to a place with no pain or suffering and lots of steam trains and Ford Pops :innocent:

Taking the whole bible info in, and trying to come up with a clear answer might go like this IIRC......

If you ignore God in this world, you become "the dead" when you die, awaiting judgement. They then have the "White throne judgement" on the "last day" and given a second chance.

IF you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and live as he askes of you in the the TRUE sense of life, and not a do gooder or moralistic snob, you get straight to heaven, but few who confess to be on the road to, will, hence the description of the "dead in Christ".

If you speak ill of the Holy spirit and defect to the Occult, it's pretty much straight to hell to see the real person who you have been worshipping, the great deciever himself.

So, biblicially it's not just that straight forward. It speaks of the "ruling spirits of the universe" etc. All pretty complicated.

Thats my 10cents worth anyway, it's a book best not to knock unless you have read it, the new Testament in particular.

Lot of good Historical stuff in the old test.

IF you dont agree with the above, thats cool, I am just stating what i have read.

Taking the whole bible info in...it's a book best not to knock unless you have read it, the new Testament in particular

I've read it. I had to. I had to go to church too. I had to be a christian when I was a kid. I was told to be by adults.

Thankfully, I grew up.

I've read it. I had to. I had to go to church too. I had to be a christian when I was a kid. I was told to be by adults.

Thankfully, I grew up.

Quite. :)

When I hear reports on the tv etc about a Muslim child this or a Christian child that etc...it seems absurd.

You live, you make choices, you enjoy, you suffer, you win you fail - nobody here can rationalise it for you, make of it what you will, the world is a big place, and the universe infinitely moreso. Personally, I am here in my fleeting existence to enjoy life where possible and when I interact with people I try to be as nice as possible within my own limits. I think Bill and Ted have always had the right idea; Be Excellent to one another! I care not for religion or similar beliefs, I like for everyone to get along and I see segregation due to ingrained beliefs as a barrier to that end. Any organized belief that excludes good people on principle is a very sad choice in life. When you die, personally I think - that is it, and I am ok with that. Whatever makes you feel comfortable, I will never force my personal beliefs on anyone - I will happily share them when asked though :o)

My dad didn't believe in Jehova, or any other God for that matter.

So at his funeral, it was a surprise for me (and I'm sure for him too) to hear some random chap at a lectern state that Jehova had taken him. Bollocks, basically.

My mate said when he was at his dad's funeral, after the ceremony he saw the vicar giving an envelope to the bloke from the co-op and saying "There, that's what it's all about". :blink:

My mate said when he was at his dad's funeral, after the ceremony he saw the vicar giving an envelope to the bloke from the co-op and saying "There, that's what it's all about". :blink:

An honest Vicar???? No offence, I just don't believe you :D