The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happens when you die? (serious question)

Jamesy

Here here, live and let live, nobody seems more intent on ramming their views down others throats that atheists, almost to the point of being sectarian.

Perhaps the way forward is a little more mutual respect?

Dinosaur was a word first penned in 1842, therefore represented biblically by "Behemouth" "a great and terrible lizard" or somthing like that, you can be sure I have miss spelt it.

Regardless of the word used, I don't recall them being featured in the bible, most notably in Genesis; the origins of our world.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, see my other point on believing in a creator, I'm half religious. :D

I was generalising, I do that a lot.

sorry i was being lazy..

i consider myself a absolute follower of science. i love how science progresses and aims to explain our surroundings, and how humans broaden there horizons throgh logic/reason & debate.

i am also religiouse (sikh). the two do not contridict for me.

..and yes i do belive in evolution!

ps. dont google sikhism youll just get a lot of primary school internet Baloney- just ask me if you happen to be interested.;)

The afterlife? God? Science v religion? Science & religion? Co2? Hot air? Alex James?

But will this thread die?

And if it does what would become of it?

I feel it will be re-born.

I see it's already had several incarnations...

Once it was Tsar Nicholas II of Russia.

Brought to you today by bored bloke who is supposed to be recording some tunes in the studio, but instead is looking after 2 kids because the Mrs has bird flu or sommat.

...ps. dont google sikhism youll just get a lot of primary school internet Baloney- just ask me if you happen to be interested.;)

Interesting. So, don't use Google with thousands upon thousands of pages of information, just ask you instead.

You sound almost...erm...God like! :D

Regardless of the word used, I don't recall them being featured in the bible, most notably in Genesis; the origins of our world.

I saw a TV debate on this many years ago and the "behemouth" was apparantly them, or what few were kicking around still at times of biblical writing B.C.. Their quantities would have been small by that period.

Interestingly enough I have seen pics of a 15th century cave with various dinosaur type creatures drawn on the walls, makes me wonder how on eath they knew what they looked like ?? maybe a few were still hanging around for the making of Jurassic park?

It always amuses me how people who don't believe in God, or Christianity or whatever religion and who often say that 'people can believe what they like as long as they don't try to ram it down MY throat' etc. etc. will go to exhasperating lengths to argue with a believer, usually resorting to ridicule, to try to 'disprove' the existence of God.

From where I'm sitting, it looks almost like you're trying to ram atheism down my throat by ridiculing 'AJ's beliefs in a public forum.

If Alex truly believes what he believes in, then who am I to hold up his reasoning whilst turning to all of you on this forum and saying words to the effect of 'This is no better than a fairytale/it defies belief/you'd have to be a child to swallow this story as fact' etc etc.

Alex obviously feels he has good reason to believe in Christianity. Let him believe it without ridicule.

Thanks for the support chap :thumbs:

I agree but in the case of Alex, if he (or anyone else) decides to post on a public forum how he has spoken to and got answers from Jesus / God then surely he has to expect people to question those statements.

Lets put it another way. If he had come on here and made astounding claims about his car (and he may have genuinely believed them to be true) don't you think the masses would have questioned those statements too?

The fact that Alex spoke of religion as opposed to a car etc should not mean that people cannot question his postings.

I do agree with you too... if I post on a public forum, I do expect to be questioned :)

I agree with Soop and the above.

We shouldn't resort to ridiculing him, especially on a matter such as this but CJ's correct in stating that this is an open forum and we have a right to critically analyse any claims he is making.

Its good to learn about each other's beliefs.

On that note- I just want to ask Alex-

What if I believe in God but not in Jesus Christ (p.b.u.h) as a son of God or as god- will I go to hell?

I ask this because my driving instructor was christian and he expressly told me that I was going to hell! My first thoughts were how the hell do you know?!! (no pun intended).

I thought I was a nice person :innocent:

Well, I dont like to tell people that they are going to hell, it doesn't exactly build good relationships with people :)

I wont answer the question for you, but let you answer it by what the bible says. Jesus said in the bible in John 3:16 " I am the way, the truth, and the life and no one can come to the father except through me"

Getting to the father meaning, going to heaven. There are allot of good people in this world, but good by whos standard?

Have you ever lied? Have you ever stolen, have you ever looked at another girl with lustful eyes while in a relationship?

If yes to all, in Gods eyes you are a lieing, theiving adulterer... hence why we all need saving, and why he sent his son to save us. :)

How do Christians explain dinosaurs?

I believe dinosaurs became extinct when the flood happened... Noahs Ark.

Interesting. So, don't use Google with thousands upon thousands of pages of information, just ask you instead.

You sound almost...erm...God like! :D

there you go again suspiciouse CJ. apologies - I retract my statement. please google as you wish. it will help you pass primary school Re.

if you want to know my beliefs gathered from years and years of reserching my religions religiouse texts ...then ask me.:)

there you go again suspiciouse CJ. apologies - I retract my statement. please google as you wish. it will help you pass primary school Re.

if you want to know my beliefs gathered from years and years of reserching my religions religiouse texts ...then ask me.:)

Shoot! Although your primary school English could do with some work while he's doing his R.E. :innocent:

Have you ever lied? Have you ever stolen, have you ever looked at another girl with lustful eyes while in a relationship?

If yes to all, in Gods eyes you are a lieing, theiving adulterer... hence why we all need saving, and why he sent his son to save us. :)

He didn't do a very good job of creating us then if we have all these flaws!

What's the difference between religious texts and google?

It's not a joke, I am being serious. Why can't the text from google be printed and taken to a population with no external influences and preached to as if it's gospel ;)

Well, I dont like to tell people that they are going to hell, it doesn't exactly build good relationships with people :)

I wont answer the question for you, but let you answer it by what the bible says. Jesus said in the bible in John 3:16 " I am the way, the truth, and the life and no one can come to the father except through me"

Getting to the father meaning, going to heaven. There are allot of good people in this world, but good by whos standard?

But what if I believe in God, and even in Jesus Christ (p.b.u.h) but as a messenger of God as opposed to the son of God. What if I pray 5 times a day, give charity, am extremely God-conscious, fast for a month and declare that there is none worthy of worship except God? I still go to hell because I don't submit myself to the belief that Jesus is the son of God? Becuase I disagree with the belief that he died for our sins I go to hell? Even though I have the utmost respect for him?

But is it true? Will I go to hell? I never did tan very well :D (not taking the mick btw)

But what if I believe in God, and even in Jesus Christ (p.b.u.h) but as a messenger of God as opposed to the son of God. What if I pray 5 times a day, give charity, am extremely God-conscious, fast for a month and declare that there is none worthy of worship except God? I still go to hell because I don't submit myself to the belief that Jesus is the son of God? Becuase I disagree with the belief that he died for our sins I go to hell? Even though I have the utmost respect for him?

But is it true? Will I go to hell? I never did tan very well :D (not taking the mick btw)

I don't think you can believe in one without believing in the other. Jesus was the incarnation of God on earth. God and Jesus are the same thing essentially. You've heard of the 'Trinity'? - Father, Son & Holy Spirit, all the same entity. That's my understanding of it anyway. Jesus was provided by God as the intermediary for man to come to God.

I think.

:)

What's the difference between religious texts and google?

It's not a joke, I am being serious. Why can't the text from google be printed and taken to a population with no external influences and preached to as if it's gospel ;)

sikhs believe you lose allot of the meaning of the original texts if you translate them. translation over translation may result in a twisting of original intent.

example:

that’s why im not a Christian. (no offence alex). but it could be argued that the original Aramaic bible stated jesus was a special son of god, as opposed to the begotten son. big difference in the result.

i believe it was a roman council in 300 ad that voted on such translations to go in the new translated bible*

but then again Sikhism’s text are only 300 years old so we have the benefit of having the original language of scripture still in common use.

* please correct me if im wrong alex?

Not suspicious at all. It is just that I, like a lot of others on the forum, tend to question statements that, quite frankly (and with no offence intended), are rather silly.

why is it silly for me to ask that you ask me about my beliefs as opposed to ask google to figure out what you think i might believe? :blink: