The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happens when you die? (serious question)

Jamesy

Oi! Bog off!! I'd like AJ to answer :D

Lol you make me sound like a boy band member :p

Do I think God is insecure... no, I think wanting to be loved is perfectly natural :) .... We are created in the image of God, there for we want to love too.

God wants to be loved... Humans want to be loved.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh this one

"Oh and you never answered my Haiti question The one where God talked to you and you didn't listen, but he forgot to talk to 200,000 Haitians?

Please discuss why he singled you out, but not them?"

------

God doesnt just single me out... there any MANY MANY christians that speak to God in the same way that I do... did he speak to some people about Haiti, I dont no.

One thing to remember is that not all disasters are Gods doing. God designed a perfect earth... humans messed it up... ever since then things have been going wrong because we think we can do it better our way. Then every time a disaster happens we blame a God we neither care for, or admit exists until something bad happens.

We also have to remember that we have an enemy in this world, ie Satan/the devil/Lucifer call him what you will, but he will wreak havoc on this earth just to get in Gods face. But like all things against God, his time will come.

My thoughts :)

Strange outlook from a Freemason who's teachings all come from the old testament in the master masons and knights lodges and higher levels from new testament also. Founded by the biblical builders, architects and king Solomon.

Dont you remember joining the red? lol ;)

Are you really a member of the press doing an inside job ??? lmao :p

I never said they were my views - just something i found on the internet ;)

It always amuses me how people who don't believe in God, or Christianity or whatever religion and who often say that 'people can believe what they like as long as they don't try to ram it down MY throat' etc. etc. will go to exhasperating lengths to argue with a believer, usually resorting to ridicule, to try to 'disprove' the existence of God.

From where I'm sitting, it looks almost like you're trying to ram atheism down my throat by ridiculing 'AJ's beliefs in a public forum.

If Alex truly believes what he believes in, then who am I to hold up his reasoning whilst turning to all of you on this forum and saying words to the effect of 'This is no better than a fairytale/it defies belief/you'd have to be a child to swallow this story as fact' etc etc.

Alex obviously feels he has good reason to believe in Christianity. Let him believe it without ridicule.

It always amuses me how people who don't believe in God, or Christianity or whatever religion and who often say that 'people can believe what they like as long as they don't try to ram it down MY throat' etc. etc. will go to exhasperating lengths to argue with a believer, usually resorting to ridicule, to try to 'disprove' the existence of God.

From where I'm sitting, it looks almost like you're trying to ram atheism down my throat by ridiculing 'AJ's beliefs in a public forum.

If Alex truly believes what he believes in, then who am I to hold up his reasoning whilst turning to all of you on this forum and saying words to the effect of 'This is no better than a fairytale/it defies belief/you'd have to be a child to swallow this story as fact' etc etc.

Alex obviously feels he has good reason to believe in Christianity. Let him believe it without ridicule.

I agree but in the case of Alex, if he (or anyone else) decides to post on a public forum how he has spoken to and got answers from Jesus / God then surely he has to expect people to question those statements.

Lets put it another way. If he had come on here and made astounding claims about his car (and he may have genuinely believed them to be true) don't you think the masses would have questioned those statements too?

The fact that Alex spoke of religion as opposed to a car etc should not mean that people cannot question his postings.

I agree but in the case of Alex, if he (or anyone else) decides to post on a public forum how he has spoken to and got answers from Jesus / God then surely he has to expect people to question those statements.

Lets put it another way. If he had come on here and made astounding claims about his car (and he may have genuinely believed them to be true) don't you think the masses would have questioned those statements too?

The fact that Alex spoke of religion as opposed to a car etc should not mean that people cannot question his postings.

If I recall correctly, he was answering a question put to him directly by RedM about what God said the last time he spoke to him.

So he was answering a question, not just coming on here making claims.

Now - the reasons behind asking such a question might not have been simply because the person putting it wanted an answer, but I won't go down that path as it would mean that I'd have to make assumptions about that persons motives.

Global warming?lol ,we have been melting slowly for millions of years,we just happen to be on this planet at the very end of the ice age.The planet is actually cooler now than it was 50 years ago.An airplane does more damage taking off and landing than you will in your lifetime in your supra.

References?

I agree with Soop and the above.

We shouldn't resort to ridiculing him, especially on a matter such as this but CJ's correct in stating that this is an open forum and we have a right to critically analyse any claims he is making.

Its good to learn about each other's beliefs.

On that note- I just want to ask Alex-

What if I believe in God but not in Jesus Christ (p.b.u.h) as a son of God or as god- will I go to hell?

I ask this because my driving instructor was christian and he expressly told me that I was going to hell! My first thoughts were how the hell do you know?!! (no pun intended).

I thought I was a nice person :innocent:

If I recall correctly, he was answering a question put to him directly by RedM about what God said the last time he spoke to him.

So he was answering a question, not just coming on here making claims.

Now - the reasons behind asking such a question might not have been simply because the person putting it wanted an answer, but I won't go down that path as it would mean that I'd have to make assumptions about that persons motives.

References?

I'd like to see some backup of the facts that the current government TV advert claims, something like "cars are the leading source of CO2 emissions in the UK at present".

Surely that can't be right.

I'd like to see some backup of the facts that the current government TV advert claims, something like "cars are the leading source of CO2 emissions in the UK at present".

What they fail to mention is that CO2 is not the main greenhouse gas in the atmosphere - nor anywhere near it.

This is turned into a god debate.

But it may be worth a seperate thread to present a more comrehensive list of what people believe about the nature of god (and what source those beliefs are derived/ why they belive this) - and then allow those to be 'picked over' and challanged individually....

Surely a thread about death is a perfect thread for a God debate?

My views are that there is a creator, but not a 'God' by the definition of the word. It doesn't listen to us and care about us, it just made everything (as a fluke maybe).

One thing to remember is that not all disasters are Gods doing. God designed a perfect earth... humans messed it up... ever since then things have been going wrong because we think we can do it better our way. Then every time a disaster happens we blame a God we neither care for, or admit exists until something bad happens.

You think man created Earthquakes? :blink:

I agree, but I hope I don't come across like that, it's only a discussion! I think there are FAR more religious people who are willing to go 'preaching' to try to convert people, than there are Aetheists who do the same - I tend to see Aetheists as wanting to discuss it ALL to gather more information, rather than doing all the 'ramming'. Essentially a Scientist is more open minded than a religious person.

Well, I did some maths on this. Driving about 5000 miles a year in my Supra is the equivalent of the long haul return trip I took to San Fran before Christmas... for six years. I would need 6 years of current driving to emit the same CO2 (let's just leave it as CO2 for now) as one long return flight.

The issue is, that there are millions of cars driving on the roads at any given moment - often with just one person in it.

We shouldn't think which is worse (cars or planes), but we should think about number of miles covered. If you own a car but do 2000 miles in a year and don't fly, you won't use much carbon. Fly 10 times a year? That's a lot of CO2. Drive 100k miles a year but don't fly? That's a lot of CO2...

I see new units coming into play - CO2miles.

Well, I did some maths on this. Driving about 5000 miles a year in my Supra is the equivalent of the long haul return trip I took to San Fran before Christmas... for six years. I would need 6 years of current driving to emit the same CO2 (let's just leave it as CO2 for now) as one long return flight.

The issue is, that there are millions of cars driving on the roads at any given moment - often with just one person in it.

We shouldn't think which is worse (cars or planes), but we should think about number of miles covered. If you own a car but do 2000 miles in a year and don't fly, you won't use much carbon. Fly 10 times a year? That's a lot of CO2. Drive 100k miles a year but don't fly? That's a lot of CO2...

Fascinating subject :)

Essentially a Scientist is more open minded than a religious person.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein, "Science, Philosophy and Religion: a Symposium", 1941

US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

A quote from someone, I think we can all agree on, with excellent intellectual abilities.

Tbourner- I know you were generalising and I agree with you on the point.

the two are not mutually exclusive.

I know, see my other point on believing in a creator, I'm half religious. :D

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein, "Science, Philosophy and Religion: a Symposium", 1941

US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

A quote from someone, I think we can all agree on, with excellent intellectual abilities.

Tbourner- I know you were generalising and I agree with you on the point.

I was generalising, I do that a lot.

He certainly did, but he didn't agree with Quantum Mechanics. He said "God does not play dice".

For me, God is actually the laws of physics that our universe adheres to. There's no real reason that things are the way they are, but they are this way in our universe.

Don't we also breath out CO2? I wonder how much CO2 a human produces? So we're back to the old idea of killing 3 billion people - that would save the world?

I see new units coming into play - CO2miles.

We've always said they should tax cars by the mile rather than a flat yearly rate.

Here here, live and let live, nobody seems more intent on ramming their views down others throats that atheists, almost to the point of being sectarian.

Perhaps the way forward is a little more mutual respect?

How do Christians explain dinosaurs?

Dinosaur was a word first penned in 1842, therefore represented biblically by "Behemouth" "a great and terrible lizard" or somthing like that, you can be sure I have miss spelt it.

Don't we also breath out CO2? I wonder how much CO2 a human produces? So we're back to the old idea of killing 3 billion people - that would save the world?

We've always said they should tax cars by the mile rather than a flat yearly rate.

We need to define "save the world".

The world doesn't need saving; we do.