The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Madmunkys car stolen today.

JamieP

Just read on the hsv forum his car was stolen from his home today, broke in and took the keys, keep your eyes peeled and report to police if you see it.

Pics in this link.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2977

Thread on HSV forum.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=69&t=810077&mid=57009&i=0&nmt=STOLEN%20MYM8V8'S%20HSV%20GTS&mid=57009

wow, poor guy, hope the dogs get caught and raped by big hairy men in US prisons.

Strange - not the first thing that springs to mind - but hey...

Once had a house break-in happen to me when I had the skyline - they even left and moved the wallets to show they were just after the car!

Always take my keys with me and house alarm on now!

Hope it is not too trashed when he gets it back! :(

http://www.coverbox.co.uk/tracker.php

No idea how competitive their rates are for supras as don't have one anymore but they were very very good for my mate. Almost halved his insurance quote and he gets a free tracker too.

And best thing is if you use less mileage than you quote they refund the difference!! Due to the tracker they can work that out for you.

I have a tracker fitted to mine.

I use Smartrack. It cost me £120 to get installed. I paid Smartrack one payment of £250 and I am covered for as long as I own the car.

I forgot all about the tracker until I got a phone call one day to tell me my car was being moved without the keys being in the ignition.

It was actually on Konrads trailer at the time..

They offer a great service and see it as a good investment.

Any car worth over £10k in mods should have a tracker. There is an insurance company which puts a tracker on your car as part of the policy and they have very very low premiums as a result.

But many people see a car that has been thrashed to an inch of its life through 'joy riding' as not worth the hassel of getting back.

A friend of mine had a tracker fitted to his pride and joy and it was stolen and recovered via the tracker.

The car lasted about another month before it broke the engine.

But I know what you're saying....a tracker will mostly mean that the theiving scum life will mostly not have time to break the car up before its discovered via the tracker.

Many of the thieving scum steal a car then park it somewhere for a day to see if the police use the tracker and recover it.

If not then they assume vehicle doesn't have tracker or its broken....they'll then come and take the car to be broken up.

See what you mean.

But I'd prefer to recover my car with £20ks worth of mods, yet the car is worth £15k. Engine blows and I can source a new engine and rebuild at £4k or less. Or even better its got £2.5ks worth of cosmetic damage to bodykit/wheels etc.

Rather than get an insurance cheque for £15k, and I'd have to start all over again or buy a used one which is not to my original spec at all.

Each to their own I guess. I know what I'd do each and everytime.

And all you guys with high spec'd supras and cars, I'd put tracker on my garage spec even if it didn't have one to put off theives. No way they'd tell if it has one or not. :p

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the sentiments expressed here, cheers Jamie.

What we all have in common is a love of our pride and joy. All I hope is that the c*nts who stole it, kill themselves in it at some stage.

Cheers G.