The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Show TVR for sale on Pistonheads

Spike3.0

Meh its not even the 4.5L Cerbera and the colour doesn't suit it...... although I can't talk as my dad had a pink... I mean rasberry metallic Cerbera a few years back until that is the inevitable happened and the tubular chassis rotted through after about 6 years.

Still love them even amongst the reliabilty issues and 'electrics wired by YTS monkeys'. The most aggressive car I have driven infact the power and lack of control meant I have only driven it once, didn't crash it - just too scared to be driving a car that is basically an engine and four wheels.

Although interesting fact the AJP8 4.5L V8 engine in the cerbera has one of the highest specific outputs (bhp per 1 Litre) in the world for a naturally aspirated engine I think its around 90bhp per litre, Impressive.

Although interesting fact the AJP8 4.5L V8 engine in the cerbera has one of the highest specific outputs (bhp per 1 Litre) in the world for a naturally aspirated engine I think its around 90bhp per litre, Impressive.

Really? That's not that high. Honda for example don't seem content making any of their sportier cars with less than 100bhp/litre; EP3 Civic Type R 100bhp/litre, EK9 Civic Type R around 115bhp/litre, S2000 120bhp/litre etc.

i maybe missing something here... but i do know that honda's F20c out of the s2000 is an 2L NA producing 120bhp per litre..... :search:

EDIT: damn you rick getting in there before me :p

i maybe missing something here... but i do know that honda's F20c out of the s2000 is an 2L NA producing 120bhp per litre..... :search:

ok maybe that is for V8's I don't class 4 cylinders as engines anymore :p

'According' to wikipedia there is a suzuki with the highest specific ouput for a petrol NA engine 142.4hp per litre.

Highest specific engine output (power/unit displacement)

Petrol/Gasoline (naturally-aspirated) piston engine - 106.2 kW (144.4 PS; 142.4 hp) per litre[citation needed] - 1994 JDM Suzuki Cultus Suzuka edition R13B 138 kW (188 PS; 185 hp) 1.3 L I4

Wow my jaw hit the floor at that claim, and backtracking by saying "4 cylinders don't count" isn't working :p And, being a TVR fan that you are, I'm sure you know that the power outputs were, ahem, what's the word, "LIES" I think? By the order of 100bhp more than they really were, in some cases...

Serious question to anyone in the know:

just how bad are these cars on the reliability front for an everyday car doing between 15 -30 miles a day??

I'd be quite keen to know this as well if we have any ex owners? Never driven a TVR myself.