The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nissan pulsar

supra joe

can you get a list of the mods done as i used to maintain a few of these. They are good cars when stock but when people mod the engine they go about it all wrong. Most common thing was strapping a larger turbo on and this in turn causes them to over heat very easily.

Nothing but problems, everyone i spoke to that has owned one claims they are a PITA and fail alot

Not true.

I had mine for 3 years, it was mapped for 0.9 BAR but i ran it at 1.2-1.4 anyways. I did 100+ 7000rpm launches, drove it flat out in 5th down the private stretch of road near me for long periods of time and only changed the oil once in 25k miles only then did a con rod bolt snap and left the next owner with this

I had a GTI-R for about 3 years before my Supra (which I've had for 5 years now). Loved it to bits to be honest .. I was running about 315bhp at 1.2 bar, but that's about as far as you'd want to go on standard internals/gearbox. I had no mechanical issues at all with mine though over the years I had it ... although I heard the new owner blew the gearbox to bits about a month after I sold it *sigh*

The gearbox is the weak part ... once you go over 300bhp, that's the part most likely to give up on you. Having said that, they are deadly fast. Off the line, my Supra would have no chance against it, but it would soon reel it in at higher speeds. It's a really enjoyable drive and I don't think you will get much more 'bang for buck' in a car at the price.

Having said all that, this was a good 5 years ago now, and even then it was getting hard to find a decent one. Back then they were just about obscure enough to avoid the majority of the 'chav scene'. These days, when I see one, the chances are that the driver has a cap that doesn't seem to fit properly, LED washer jets, and a fag hanging out of his mouth!

Some other members on here came from the same GTI-R 'era' as me, such as Cashpoint and Mr. Charlesworth ... but I'm not sure if they are still active on here either.

Cheers, J

I agree with James above, the first time I drove one it was just AMAZING! The power was pretty mind blowing for such an old small car! The noise it made was fantastic and the handling was great! This was my friends car when I drove this 5 years ago (My cousin has one currently in B'ham). Would I buy one? No not really as mentioned above they are brilliant cars but tuned cars can be proned to gearbox failures, rust etc.

They are very ugly but more the back than the front.

If you are desperate to beat your mate in the Impreza then I can recommend a nice Ferrari F430 :eyebrows:

Some other members on here came from the same GTI-R 'era' as me, such as Cashpoint and Mr. Charlesworth ... but I'm not sure if they are still active on here either.

Cheers, J

Yes I am!

Didn't have a problem with mine either, like James sold mine back in 03 and bought my supra. Didn't have a problem with mine except the clutch failed when i increased the boost to a bar. Mine had 126K miles when i sold it so looked after they will last.

I used to own one when I was 21, the only problems I had was with the electric windows kept getting stuck halfway down, and mine was quite hard to keep it the right way up:innocent: I beat Subaru STi's, Evo 9's and the best was a Ferrari 355 spider, That was close but his 100k car could not quite keep up.

Yeah I agree they look ugly from the rear but the front looks evil, I loved hearing random people arguing about what it was (most people thought it was a Golf).

All in all 2k+ for a car that will still beat alot of current road cars and still confuses people as to what it is, Id say its money well spent just make sure you buy a good one (I personally wouldnt pay less that 3k for one).