The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6 Nations Rugby Tournament

CJ

I understand nothing about this game. To be honest it looks to me like we are getting trounced? no?

Trounced - no. Beaten, yes. France were just too slick with the 4th and 5th phase plays, where Scotland seemed to run out of ideas which led to turnover ball or a silly play that put themselves back under pressure (see again Godman - 3 dud plays that almost gave the French tries against the run of play!). Plus the French scrum was awesome.

The Frogs deserve their favourite status based on every team's performances this weekend.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you noticed how annoying the refs are , constant ordering and shouting the rules .

international players youd think they would know them by now

I thought he was superb - he was clear, concise and allowed the plays to run. No player had any doubt what they were going to be penalised for, and the less penalties equals more flowing rugby.

I thought he was superb - he was clear, concise and allowed the plays to run. No player had any doubt what they were going to be penalised for, and the less penalties equals more flowing rugby.

To be fair that is exactly how I saw it. I know very little about the rules to this helped me to keep tabs on what was going on.

To be fair that is exactly how I saw it. I know very little about the rules to this helped me to keep tabs on what was going on.

Now if only Scotland would pinch more Australian and New Zealand-born players with Scottish ancestry, they might score a few more tries ;)

Didn't see much of the Scotland/Wales match unfortunately (stupid internet!) but saw enough of the final quarter to see that AGAIN Scotland were their own worst enemy! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be a Scot. 2 men down at the crucial juncture when you are leading by more than a try is suicide.

France were impressive again, but I can't but feel they were flattered by a mistake-riddled Ireland side that had few ideas in attack. I keep wishing O'Gara will get dropped (in favour of Sexton) as Ronan is uninspiring, passive and generally clueless it seems in attack, and unconvincing and timid in defence (doesn't help that he's about 8 stone 3!). Irish look much better in attack with Sexton, and don't seem to lose much in tactical and goalkicking.

Still not that impressed with Mr "I ate all the pies" Bastareaud.