The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pyjama wearing chav

stevie_b

these aren't my views - just ones I am reading on line.

Ah, understood.

If you strip it back there is a perception that you really should get 'dressed' to do your weekly shop.

Absolutely. Amazing that such a minor issue has caused such outrage. There are 75 pages of comments on the BBC website!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to know how the story first came to the attention of the BBC. I suspect (and it is just a suspicion) that she reported it to the media, and is using the media as leverage to get her own way. The media are of course more than willing to play their part.

You obviously don't know the type of people who live in this area my friend. To suggest that she (or her peers) have the wherewithal to think of using the media as leverage is truly way off the mark.

My guess would be that a local newspaper reporter knew someone who worked at the store and from there the story (and gossip chain) worked it's way up to the BBC Wales news desk.

i just feel strongly about it so added a "super" to chav. SIMPLES

Ah, I see.

A friend of mine was telling me about these type of people and he reckoned that a lot of them sat in front of the TV all day watching endless crap including TV adverts. So much so, that they started to quote their favourite advert even during normal conversation.

That's very odd eh? :innocent:

Has she courted media attention? Or have the BBC, sensing a story, courted her?

I've yet to see a logical reason why they should be banned. They are no more revealing than plenty of other clothes. Maybe they indicate that you haven't washed for a few hours - OK, is this any dirtier than someone returning home from work (especially if it's a manual job)?

There are some great comments on the website: thin edge of the wedge, Empire has gone to the dogs, it's a privilege not a right to shop at Tesco's, etc etc.

I like this one:

Hell's f**king teeth.

See where you are coming from BUT come on.

Its like the old Alan Partridge line where he goes on about a man called "duggie" who wanders around Norwich city centre with a cornish pasty in his hand shouting "its a bomb".

If i saw someone walking around anywhere but their house in Pajamas i would think they were mad. They must be. Dont they have any dignity ? lazy, slobbish wastes of space in my opinion.

Call me a snob. I am.

Which brings me onto my next point,

It should be illegal to drink beer in your front garden. Its rough, and looks awfull. It should only be allowed in your back garden out of sight, inside or in a pub.

Ah, I see.

A friend of mine was telling me about these type of people and he reckoned that a lot of them sat in front of the TV all day watching endless crap including TV adverts. So much so, that they started to quote their favourite advert even during normal conversation.

That's very odd eh? :innocent:

lol:d

How much?

just wanted to say that.

One of my mates from down south said he was in an ASDA up north in Cleckheaton visiting one of his mates and was telling him how he had been to Royal Ascot and Henley Regatta earlier that year.

A woman in the next aisle who was listening to the conversation shouted out "ahhhh listen to im. ah bet ee lives in a fu*kin castle"

made me chuckle

My missus has 'seasonal' pyjamas... she has ones with little kittens hanging out of stockings at Christmas.

They're not attractive, and I rarely let her go to Asda wearing them. Unless she's been drinking in the front garden, and then I know not to argue with her.