The mkiv Supra Owners Club

John Terry, an English disgrace

MaveriK

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit hypocritical to have Rio as captain now. Drug test incident anyone? Gerrard, batters a fella in a pub and money talks in court. Rooney is grab a gran and Lampard's just left his missus ...

Hardly halo polishers next to Terry. Out of all of them, though. I'd give it Rooney over Rio.

I cant see how the hell Rio is going to lead a team to world cup victory, he is less than sparkling when you hear him on interviews - this is probably going to fek up the world cup for us this year.

At least Beckham commands some respect and has good experience behind him, Rio is just a goofy fool

It's a bit hypocritical to have Rio as captain now. Drug test incident anyone? Gerrard, batters a fella in a pub and money talks in court. Rooney is grab a gran and Lampard's just left his missus ...

Hardly halo polishers next to Terry. Out of all of them, though. I'd give it Rooney over Rio.

:yeahthat:

Maybe they think it's a maturity thing.

Meanwhile, Perroncel, a lingerie model and former nightclub hostess, said she would not be selling her story. In a statement read on her behalf by publicist Max Clifford, Perroncel said: "I have decided I do not want to speak publicly about the speculation since it only seems to add more fuel to the fire. "I have a three-year-old son and he is my main concern. I do not believe speaking to newspapers or the media is in his interest or my own."

That's a breath of fresh air. Maybe Max Clifford can now crawl back into the hole he came from.

I dont understand that someone who got banned for taking drugs and is not that great a player can be Captain.... I would think that taking drugs is worse then what Terry did.

I myself was a little puzzled by his appointment:rolleyes:

I think Capello was struggling for choice TBH. Let's be honest, there was no real stand out candidate and so I think he took the lesser of all evils.

but why not someone who wasn't banned for drug taking. Terry didn't get banned for cheating? and he wont. As it doesn't effect his performance on the pitch. whereas drugs would. Rio would be my last choice. Have we also forgotten that he only got a 4 match ban the other day for punching a guy, then having the cheek to deny it when there was video footage... How can some one like this be a role model to lead the England team? its like saying we are not ok with cheating but we are with drugs and violence... ????

but why not someone who wasn't banned for drug taking. Terry didn't get banned for cheating? and he wont. As it doesn't effect his performance on the pitch. whereas drugs would. Rio would be my last choice. Have we also forgotten that he only got a 4 match ban the other day for punching a guy, then having the cheek to deny it when there was video footage... How can some one like this be a role model to lead the England team? its like saying we are not ok with cheating but we are with drugs and violence... ????

He was not banned for drug taking. :rolleyes:

exactly! why choose not to take the test, thats right, cause you know you will fail it..... :D

Remind me whos mother assumption is?

He was a few minutes late for the test. He then offered a hair sample but that was declined. A precedent had been set prior but they ignored that punishment and went over the top as he was a high profile player. It was stupid of him to be late but he did actually talk to the testers on the day but they were not interested in waiting around.

Remind me whos mother assumption is?

He was a few minutes late for the test. He then offered a hair sample but that was declined. A precedent had been set prior but they ignored that punishment and went over the top as he was a high profile player. It was stupid of him to be late but he did actually talk to the testers on the day but they were not interested in waiting around.

A few minutes late? As I recall he had left the training ground and went shopping. He then could not be contacted as his mobile phone was turned off. As for the offer of a hair sample, can you point me in the direction of evidence of this?

You seem to be recalling a completely set of circumstances to the ones I remember.

That's a breath of fresh air. Maybe Max Clifford can now crawl back into the hole he came from.

If Clifford is involved then she is certainly being told how to maximise the opportunity as opposed to think purely of her son. I'm sure she will appear on TV again soon and start some sort of media career.

I bet you lot wish Ryan Giggs was English even more than normal now eh?

What a great captain and role model he would have been - and he could probably still get in the England team now :)

Yep you are not wrong, did he have the choice England or Wales