The mkiv Supra Owners Club

John Terry, an English disgrace

MaveriK

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said Bridge was his mate, maybe he hated him and smashed it out of spite?

or he could have said "yeah go for it"

personly footballers dont set an example. never had. and never will. I dont need, and never have needed someone in the media spotlight to use as a pointer to know what is wrong or right.

Yeah but are you meant to be setting an example to the whole country? JT has a responsibility to be a good role model as England captain.

Why? Because he is a good footballer? Because he is in the public eye? So what? Did you feel as outraged when Tony Adams was photographed playing hide the sausage at a stag party? Or when Merson was outed as a drug, gambling and alcohol addict? Of course not.

And, did the OP feel the same when Rio decided to skip a mandatory drugs test or when Rooney was found to be nobbing old hookers?

All I see is that someone was caught (almost literally) with his pants down doing what thousands of others do daily but now supporters of other teams get on their high horses to castigate him without looking at what their "idols" have done previously.

IMHO, if the revelation has not made him a worse player or a worse captain on the field then who gives a fudge?

Why? Because he is a good footballer? Because he is in the public eye? So what? Did you feel as outraged when Tony Adams was photographed playing hide the sausage at a stag party? Or when Merson was outed as a drug, gambling and alcohol addict? Of course not.

And, did the OP feel the same when Rio decided to skip a mandatory drugs test or when Rooney was found to be nobbing old hookers?

All I see is that someone was caught (almost literally) with his pants down doing what thousands of others do daily but now supporters of other teams get on their high horses to castigate him without looking at what their "idols" have done previously.

IMHO, if the revelation has not made him a worse player or a worse captain on the field then who gives a fudge?

This is not about who i support,this is about what he has done in general, I haven't sat here and thought Adams or Merson were great professionals because they weren't. If this was a topic about those players i would tell you exactly what i thought about them and many more Arsenal members of staff, so don't make this the fact i don't support Chelsea.

Personally i do believe this has affected his ability to be a good captain, that is my point also.

IMO having an affair with a fellow professional's partner and not to mention the fact they were team mates and still are with England, are the actions of someone who should not be the captain of any country.

This is not about who i support,this is about what he has done in general, I haven't sat here and thought Adams or Merson were great professionals because they weren't. If this was a topic about those players i would tell you exactly what i thought about them and many more Arsenal members of staff, so don't make this the fact i don't support Chelsea.

Personally i do believe this has effected his ability to be a good captain, that is my point also.

IMO having an affair with a fellow professional's partner and not to mention the fact they were team mates and still are with England, are the actions of someone who should be the captain of a country.

Well, IMO, you and the OP must live in a world far removed from reality and everyday life if his actions offend you so much.

Well CJ if that is how society has become, where people think it is ok to do that, then yes i must live in a far far far reality. It hasn't angered me so that i can't sleep but the topic was started and i am voicing an opinion.

If it doesn't bother you then it doesn't bother you, but there is no justification for his actions, but the fact he is MEANT to be a role model to a whole generation of kids and set an example as the captain of his country then he should have been a man about things and just admitted what was going on rather than seek a court order to stop the world knowing.

Well CJ if that is how society has become, where people think it is ok to do that, then yes i must live in a far far far reality. It hasn't angered me so that i can't sleep but the topic was started and i am voicing an opinion.

If it doesn't bother you then it doesn't bother you, but there is no justification for his actions, but the fact he is MEANT to be a role model to a whole generation of kids and set an example as the captain of his country then he should have been a man about things and just admitted what was going on rather than seek a court order to stop the world knowing.

I'm really struggling with this. This is not how society has become - it is how it has been for ages. You say there is no justification for his actions. Do you feel the same about every man or woman out there who commits adultery or does it have to be someone in the public eye? If it is the former then you are going to have a very angry and disappointed life because, as I said earlier, this has been going on for centuries!

I'm sorry, but I really have to disagree with you and the OP on this one. Again, IMO, he has done something that goes on everyday. The fact that he is a footballer is irrelevant.

I'm really struggling with this. This is not how society has become - it is how it has been for ages. You say there is no justification for his actions. Do you feel the same about every man or woman out there who commits adultery or does it have to be someone in the public eye? If it is the former then you are going to have a very angry and disappointed life because, as I said earlier, this has been going on for centuries!

I'm sorry, but I really have to disagree with you and the OP on this one. Again, IMO, he has done something that goes on everyday. The fact that he is a footballer is irrelevant.

So the fact he had an affair with a fellow current England player's partner does not effect his ability to captain his country including Wayne Bridge?

Again this topic was started about a specific person and their actions, we could go on all day about what I or anyone else thinks of cheating or any other subject but this one was started and i'm saying what i think.

I understand this goes on in life and all the rest of it, but this is my opinion of JT and what he has done. Simples.

So the fact he had an affair with a fellow current England player's partner does not effect his ability to captain his country including Wayne Bridge?

Maybe they should drop him as captain for the games Wayne Bridge gets picked...that would be about erm...none then :D

Maybe they should drop him as captain for the games Wayne Bridge gets picked...that would be about erm...none then :D

:D:p i'd actually like to see them play together, would make great TV viewing.

"Keeper passes it to Terry, the captain slings it out wide to Bridge, Bridge controls the ball perfectly then sends it down the wing....OH wait Bridge reaches in his socks and pulls out a gun.....the captain is off using Lampard as a shield" :D

Did you watch Burnley V Chelsea tonight? John Terry scored away from home again :D

LOL i did indeed, the chants from the crowd were great!

"Same old Terry,always cheating"

I think we should also mention Ashley Cole asking for a month to pay a £1000 fine :blink:

As long as he still command's respect on the pitch from his team & as a leader of that team, that's all the matter's. We must be the only country in the world that would consider sacking a man for his private life without it having a direct impact on his job. IMO henry's hand ball was a blatant cheat that altered a match & he walked away with nothing?????? Terry is not the first or last, THAT'S LIFE.

When someone with not the highest intelligence gets paid £80k+ a week, can pretty much have anything they want when they want it, as well as a high level of arrogance, do you really expect them to have high moral standards? Get real.

I just can't believe some people actually think it is ok to do that to a friend, he had a choice of women including the wife of his twins but no he had to pick the partner of a close friend.

This is what worries me, you just don't shit on your own doorstep. Personally I think that people who play away from their partners are both greedy and weak minded with no consideration for the people they hurt along the way.

I hope he felt guilty after he'd lost his mess.....:rolleyes: Probably not I imagine..!! I know it goes on all over the place as people will always want want they haven't got or had, but doing this to a friend is unforgiveable in my eyes. That said, it's nothing to do with football at all, so he should stay as captain or Chelsea and England. Where would you draw the line ayway, if he liked driving, would you take his licence off him for shagging some tart??

:D Wonderful..!!

H.

I'm disgusted,not so much with the affair, it's the attitude and yobbishness of his other behaviour.I'm disgusted with the tabloid press of this country who publish junk that turns the, not so intellegent people of this country,into morally bankrup yobs.The press and television are dragging this country into the gutter,as witnessed by some of the above views.Rant over

Just a thought but don't you think that doing that kind of puts you in the same bracket - someone with a low level of intelligence? :)

LOL..!!:D

CJ has had his sharp pills today..!!

I heard that they are going to appear on Jeremy Kyle so that should sort everything out.....;)

H.

Just a thought but don't you think that doing that kind of puts you in the same bracket - someone with a low level of intelligence? :)

Perhaps, but there is some correlation between those who study academically at school and those who focus more on sports. Some of this conjecture may indeed be unfounded, but hey, a lot of the time what you see is indeed what you get.