The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Apple Ipad

Ric

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An iPad with lots of things sticking out of it won't be too sexy though :)

Is it even possible to have more than one thing in at once? VGA adaptor and card reader for example? Is the card reader CF?

I have had a Mac as my main computer for many years. I have a 24" Dell monitor because it was a great price for the size though, and has a built in card reader.

I love OSX as it gives me everything I need to get my work done, but some people do take the love too far.

But then, I even have a 'dumb phone' by many people's standards... even though it has an 8MP CCD camera.

Apple in "buy extras to make something functional shocker" - a £25 "Camera Connection Kit" that should really be called "the stuff that should be integrated but we couldn't do it kit" ;)

Then there is the £25 "VGA Adapter", the £25 "Dock", the £55 "keyboard dock" and the £30 case that looks like a laptop with no keyboard...

Why anyone would want all that junk beats me, but if people are daft enough to buy it...

That Acer isn't quite as portable, it's just a laptop with a breakable twisty screen.

I'm waiting to see who puts together a decent packaged Android tablet.

Apple in "buy extras to make something functional shocker" - a £25 "Camera Connection Kit" that should really be called "the stuff that should be integrated but we couldn't do it kit" ;)

Then there is the £25 "VGA Adapter", the £25 "Dock", the £55 "keyboard dock" and the £30 case that looks like a laptop with no keyboard...

So a VGA socket, USB and card reader, keyboard and protective case comes in at £135 on top of the price of the basic item, all come as standard on a tablet touchscreen laptop like the cheapo Acer Aspire 1420P you can have for £400. Uninstall Windows 7 and pop something from Fisher Price on and you're sorted.

You missed the point, read pete's post again

I wouldn't be surprised if apple didn't have you in mind when designing the iPad :)

I don't want idiots to have easy access to the 'net and be able to communicate with me, they are supposed to die out now, this isn't how it's supposed to be, the gene pool is supposed to get more geeky :(

Bloody Apple.

I don't want idiots to have easy access to the 'net and be able to communicate with me, they are supposed to die out now, this isn't how it's supposed to be, the gene pool is supposed to get more geeky :(

Bloody Apple.

:lol:

• 8 months later...

Such clever marketing and product release from apple!!! I have to hand it to them... The android tablets are slated (groan) for release end of March (Q1-Q2) time, and then apple come out and say 'Hi, iPad 2, have it 11th March'.... Kudos!!! Looks an interesting platform and whether it will be better or worse than the honeycomb tabs is sort of irrelevant, they hit the shelves first and people will grab them.

I'm still getting my honeycomb though....

Still, now they've knocked £100 off the original iPad's, the base 16GB wifi model is almost worth looking at IMO. There'll no doubt now be a shed load of original iPad's on ebay cheap too.

I hadn't spotted that. I'm trying to hold out for the HP TouchPad but a 16GB iPad at £329 really is quite tempting..

Oh you're one of those who takes into account any android App, not ones specially made for the resolutions of the tablet screens these days :) :p

Oh, you're one of those Apple fanboys. All Apple app store apps are designed for tablet screens are they?

No, but 65,000 of them are. (I cant remember saying they were all compatible)

Labelled a fan boy for stating the facts trololol..

So does that make you an Android fanboy for trying to say something what isn't correct? and here's me thinking i used enough emoticons to show it was just a dig joke

Labelled a fan boy for stating the facts trololol..

No, I called you a fanboy for picking some random number out of the air to slate someone other than Apple, without knowing the facts ;)

(I have absolutely no idea how many apps in the Android Market are designed to take advantage of higher screen resolutions on tablets)

No, I called you a fanboy for picking some random number out of the air to slate someone other than Apple, without knowing the facts ;)

(I have absolutely no idea how many apps in the Android Market are designed to take advantage of higher screen resolutions on tablets)

Ah ok, but my statement was based on what Apple have discovered, 100 apps or less fully designed for honeycomb not just a number i picked from the air :)

Ah ok, but my statement was based on what Apple have discovered, 100 apps or less fully designed for honeycomb not just a number i picked from the air :)

"Fully designed for Honeycomb" means what though? Honeycomb runs on phones with lower screen resolutions as well as tablets, and there's only 1 phone that officially has Honeycomb, no tablets. (I believe anyway, Nexus S being the only one at present).