The Apple Ipad

Ric

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Dibs when you sell it?

Seriously telling me you use less than 64Gb of storage too??

Feh, the iPad is just a bit of hardware, it's the software that seems to be the main part of it all really and I was expecting more.

Wonder how long it'll be until it's next iteration, which hopefully would be OLED display and a higher res.

still dibs? :)

still dibs? :)

what's the spec and does it still have any AppleCare or such remaining?

I'll consider it, even more so if the people viewing the house tomorrow buy it. Fecking housing Market

btw two friends have ipads, must admit they're nice to use.

what's the spec and does it still have any AppleCare or such remaining?

I'll consider it, even more so if the people viewing the house tomorrow buy it. Fecking housing Market

btw two friends have ipads, must admit they're nice to use.

13" 2009 macbook pro with memory card slot, 2gb ram, 160gb hard drive, i cant remember which processor, is it the 2.4? Nvidia graphics 9400m, snowleopard cd

No apple care, should have around 6-5 months warrenty but ill confirm that if i decide im selling after i get the Pad :)

No apple care, should have around 6-5 months warrenty but ill confirm that if i decide im selling after i get the Pad :)

Ok chap, keep me posted. Was after a 13 or a 17 so that's good :)

The best thing I heard all day....

The touch is an ipad for a midget :)

*smirks*

I have a newton in the loft if you would like it to setup a retro-apple collection :)

It'd go along with my Apple II I have then :) Bring it down if you ever do come down this way :D

Doubtfull, have you seen orange's iPad price plan?

50p per MB, pay as you use,

sHITE

I am hoping that many operators will offer current iPhone contract holders some sort of rate of a subsidised pad and a good tariff for data on the iPad.

If they don't then the winning operator will be the one with the cheapest data roaming rate if they'll all be offering the ipad at the same price point and same tariffs.

PAYG data should be consigned to the 90s where dialup belongs.

I am hoping that many operators will offer current iPhone contract holders some sort of rate of a subsidised pad and a good tariff for data on the iPad.

If they don't then the winning operator will be the one with the cheapest data roaming rate if they'll all be offering the ipad at the same price point and same tariffs.

PAYG data should be consigned to the 90s where dialup belongs.

My ideal is a dual sim contract...iPhoneHD (4G out in June) + iPad = 1 tariff and 2 simcards...linked...

1 bill, simples

(though I expect I'll need to shell out £800 to get the hardware and then 30+ a month on contract).

My 3G contract has just expired...can't wait :D

My ideal is a dual sim contract...iPhoneHD (4G out in June) + iPad = 1 tariff and 2 simcards...linked...

1 bill, simples

(though I expect I'll need to shell out £800 to get the hardware and then 30+ a month on contract).

My 3G contract has just expired...can't wait :D

I was thinking along the same lines as that, more money to be made from making you take out another contract for the ipad 3G though so I doubt anyone will offer that....

• 3 weeks later...
Well I'm posting from my iPad now, it really is another game changer IMO apple fan boi'ism aside!

Haven't bought one yet, but I'd be interested to know how you get on with it day in, day out in a month or so. I had this when i first got a touch, 4 weeks and was using it like mad, after that it was just another interface to a normal device.

Rave reviews and such, just wondering about the long term aspects of it now. Will be interesting to see WWDC and what plans the os v4 have.