The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Apple Ipad

Ric

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could have been a nice introduction to take someone who mainly uses PCs into starting to get into apple stuff, but...

No flash support is a HUGE problem, no multi tasking either? I would have liked to have seen 1280*720 res on this. I dont see lack of a camera being a big issue though as most people have a phone that does the job.

Its saving grace would have been that it could have taken SD cards or something so you could expand the storage and put movies and music on it but thats out as well. $499 for the cheapest one without 3G is crazy, especially when you consider the price difference between apple stuff in the US and the UK. If you compare as an example the Mac pro on the US site it costs $2499 where as the UK is £1940, thats the equivilent of $3154.05!

I will stick with my £187 year and a half old netbook with higher screen res, 120gb upgradable drive and memory and propper keyboard, usb and ability to attatch extra storage thanks.

well if it doesnt do multitasking then im out, it annoyed me about the iphone till i put the app on that allowed me to multitask.

Also I don't believe you can save files onto it by itself, if you want to put pdfs etc onto it, you have to sync it...

I presume it comes with some kind of 'leaning it up' thing?

There are some coming, but not 'with it'. Paid extra as always.

I'll sit this rev out. My 2007 MBP serves me well at the moment, and until I get a decent job, this is just unnecessary (i.e. I can't afford it).

Ditto. I like your definition of unnecessary :) A Ferrari F430 Maranello is unnecessary to me at the moment... as alas I cannot afford it :)

If anything the 64gb Wifi&3g model i would buy

But then again no multitasking is my ONLY issue with it so far, surely if they are aiming for the net-book market they NEED to include this.

No multi-tasking indeed. I think people need to see it more as a portal device, or an uprated mobile portable TV. It's not really designed for work, it's not a laptop replacement. Far from it. It's a nice portable display. Same as a TV is now no longer a TV for broadcast, we now watch DVDs, downloaded movies or stream media from NAS etc.

It's a bigger itouch....BUT it will make a nice automation control panel ;)

Hey,... I still have that iPhone sat at my house for you!!

I wait for someone to buy one of these and re-create Trigger Happy TV-esq moments looking like they're sporting a huge oversized iPhone.

YEAH! I'M IN THE CINEMA! YEAH! IT'S LOUD IN HERE!

I wait for someone to buy one of these and re-create Trigger Happy TV-esq moments looking like they're sporting a huge oversized iPhone.

YEAH! I'M IN THE CINEMA! YEAH! IT'S LOUD IN HERE!

We were saying that in the office this morning. Can you get a belt clip or pouch for it so you can hang it by your side? :D

Surely the stone can be considered touch screen as well?

//edit: Someone at work just made a good point - at the moment you see people in the canteen with their iPhone in one hand and Starbucks in the other - but with the iPad they'd have to hold it with both hands and rest the coffee on top - so it should be called the iTray.

We were saying that in the office this morning. Can you get a belt clip or pouch for it so you can hang it by your side? :D

I was thinking of going down army surplus and buying some XXL combat trousers so I could still put an iPad in my pocket.

Allegedly they're working on a smaller version of the iPad...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/28/its_like_a_tiny_ipad/

Surely the stone can be considered touch screen as well?

//edit: Someone at work just made a good point - at the moment you see people in the canteen with their iPhone in one hand and Starbucks in the other - but with the iPad they'd have to hold it with both hands and rest the coffee on top - so it should be called the iTray.

It isn't flat on the back so I wouldn't rest a coffee on it if it was on a table. Carrying only.

Oh, and no sign of ibooks at launch if you are non-US.

FAIL!

But again that's speculation, the title is self explanitory. It could launch wihout them. By launch (or even shipping) deals could be finalised. Would be quite frankly a stupid move by publishers not to be selling in other regions when the device is released because generally early adopters of devices like the iPhone, new laptops etc generally created a large profit margin

But again that's speculation, the title is self explanitory. It could launch wihout them. By launch (or even shipping) deals could be finalised. Would be quite frankly a stupid move by publishers not to be selling in other regions when the device is released because generally early adopters of devices like the iPhone, new laptops etc generally created a large profit margin

Don't confuse the issue with facts, you Apple apologist fanboi.:D

Don't confuse the issue with facts, you Apple apologist fanboi.:D

Quite ironic when the gizmodo article is based on speculation itself.

Gimme some facts and I'll happily STFU and agree to your point. As for the fanboi I'm disappointed with the device, it'd have been nice to have had an oled display, more ss storage and a decent file system. The product will mature but frankly anyone with an iPhone has literally no use for this unless they basically want a bigger screen.

At least it's not as crap as the Newton was.