The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Apple Ipad

Ric

So what you think so far?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/design/

For one i love the design of it, i currently have the new 2009 macbook pro, and i would seriously consider changing to the new Ipad.

Ill admit, my macbook pro is seriously underused and acts as a web/email/video viewer, the Ipad seems to fit what i want lovely, ill just use the Imac at home for more powerfull stuff

What are peoples thoughts on it so far?

I hope the pricing for international dealers are the same currency conversion as that makes it around £310 which would be ace.

I doubt it though, and will probably be £499 :(

Discuss

http://images.apple.com/ipad/design/images/hero_20100127.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks lovely! Brilliant piece of kit for just lazying around & surfing web, watching movies. Looks like a tablet like design though more iPhone on a much bigger scale! I am going to guess the UK prices will be £599! Even at that price it will be snapped up!

Theres various models, the 499$ price is for the basic 16gb version, with the 64gb one at 899, however still very nice
Yep, I had a look at the link & have kind of being keeping an eye on this while they were developing it. I think they did have issues with naming it as they could not call it some type of tablet PC & all sorts. Though the whole thing looks very futuristic! Almost scary like them films which you see that everyone is wearing silver & have robots in the house!

Its apples answer to the net book, but as usual, apple have made something what works and doesn't look like a plastic shovel
That & also a tablet PC, I tested tablet PC's when they first came out with Toshiba about 6 years back & it was basically a laptop with a touch screen. The touch screen was flanky & it was running MS OS which meant as soon as I opened a spreadsheet & flicked through... it crashed.

If you ever used an iPhone, you will surprised how well the touch screen works, as normally touch screen phones are rubbish.

For one i love the design of it, i currently have the new 2009 macbook pro, and i would seriously consider changing to the new Ipad.

Dibs when you sell it?

Seriously telling me you use less than 64Gb of storage too??

Feh, the iPad is just a bit of hardware, it's the software that seems to be the main part of it all really and I was expecting more.

Wonder how long it'll be until it's next iteration, which hopefully would be OLED display and a higher res.

I had a built in home office in the house 5 years ago for my PC, complete overkill for coming on here !!:D

When I purchased a laptop last xmas I found I only went to the office to print (which I now do wirelessly)

The truth is the laptop is just in internet tool for me, never use any of the office features really although it is a nice have, I would find this much easier to have sitting on the arm of the sofa while her indoors watches soaps !

Will consider one if they come in at a reasonable price

I can also see a lot of second hand laptops coming on the market very soon !

Screw that... I'll be sticking with my old tablet PC :)

http://manitou.50webs.com/music/kit/speak_spell.jpg

Ah, mine trumps yours! I got it from a chap called Moses, something about low paid work forced the sale apparently. Took me ages to erase these 10 phrases that were on it though.

http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/Ancient.Civ_Technol/Pics.Ancient.civ/030113.ancient.stone.tablet.jpg