The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Camera help

S44M KT

Im looking into buying a new Camera providing my car sells this weekend.

I used to have a Canon Eos 350D until it got stolen. I had learned the basics on how to use the camera and thought it was absolutely fantastic!!

Im unsure as to buy another or not though. I have seen the EOS 400D for not much more than the 350D and wondered if that is a better choice to go for?

I want to get into photography seriously and am thinking of going back to college in september to take some courses so anyhelp would be much appreciated.

What do you guys recomend. Im looking at about £250 to spend :)

Very happy with my 500D, but admittedly it's a little bit more money but a better vfm than the 400 or 450D.

Believe ScottM and a few others bought the 450D recently, hopefully some can give a good user opinion of the 400/450Ds

Think LBM has an SLR too, but unsure which.

Very happy with my 500D, but admittedly it's a little bit more money but a better vfm than the 400 or 450D.

Believe ScottM and a few others bought the 450D recently, hopefully some can give a good user opinion of the 400/450Ds

Think LBM has an SLR too, but unsure which.

No, mine is a bridge camera -Panny FZ28. I feel so inferior :D

Anyway Sam, whichever camera you choose, I think taking really good photos is about your technique, steady hand and eye for compostion and/or colours etc...

Do you intend to buy different lenses and if so, which ones?

No, mine is a bridge camera -Panny FZ28. I feel so inferior :D

Anyway Sam, whichever camera you choose, I think taking really good photos is about your technique, steady hand and eye for compostion and/or colours etc...

Do you intend to buy different lenses and if so, which ones?

Thats the camera gareths dad and brother in law both have. Its a nice camera, but for the money that would cost me new, it would be more worth my while to go for something like a 350D or 400D.

Im thinking about the Pentax K100D Abz has, what is everyone opinion on this camera? Am i better off going with the Canon?

If you're really serious about photography, do you think it's a good idea to start with the lowest end of the D-SLRs? What kind of lenses do you have at the moment?

I did have a 350D until it was stolen. and for the money im looking to spend this seems to be a good option, but im wary about buying second hand.

I have a 500D, but my Dad has the 400D, I love both.

I have a DeviantArt page here with some examples (I'm just a beginner, don't flame me!!).

The pic of my Supra right at the top was taken with the 400D ... I love it :). It's got loads of features to keep you busy for a long time and perfectly capable of taking professional quality photos :)

Cheers, J

Any body got some good tips on taking pics fo the supra and bringing out the colours etc?

Make sure your take shots of colourful things :D

I see your supe is silver, so not the most vibrant of colours. Perhaps you could park it up somewhere colourful?

Set your in-camera settings to Vivid Colour, or Warm etc

Try setting your white balance to Cloudy or even Shade setting - These can help bring out the colour.

Also using a polarising filter can help saturate the colours a bit more. One more thing, consider adjusting your exposure compenastion down a a third, or two thirds of a stop to encourage those colours.

Or put everything to automatic setting in the camera and increase the saturation slider in post production with your pc's photo editing software :)

I did have a 350D until it was stolen. and for the money im looking to spend this seems to be a good option, but im wary about buying second hand.

I read that your 350D was nicked - was more enquiring if, given you said you would like to take photography seriously, you might want to future-proof by getting a mid-range D-SLR rather than less expensive low end, and if you'd already spent money on Canon-compatible lenses... which would mean that you might only be able to buy another Canon. It seems that's not a concern for you, so I'm assuming you don't have any extra lenses.