The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For Sale or Swap for a TT!

RobD

Just putting the feelers out for now...

I want a TT , but cant justify converting my NA as it lacks abs lsd etc, so looking at part ex'ing mine plus cash towards a TT!

If anyone is interested in doing a swap ( wont be for a month or two yet) and has preferably a black or white facelift (will be interested in pre-facelift also) supra then pm me!

Details of mine,

Well mines a 5speed manual, 97 or 98k on the clock!

Taxed til june or july will have to check, MOT'd til september I think!

Its been serviced every 3 months by myself ( tech at toyota) has a fair amount of history but when I bought it , it had been standing for nearly a year not doing anything!

All the oils and fluids have been changed,the engine has a leak from the cam cover gasket but may change this before! The pads and discs are in good condition but the discs are very slightly pitted on the outer edge, It needs a new caliper on the front which i'd put on before the swap!

It has a genuine Uk spec bonnet and has a active front lip with a Garfy's manual controller on it, 19" Wheelmania Jade R's with Avon ZZ3 tyres ( 235/35zr19's front, 265/30zr19's rear) tyres are in good condition with 6 to 7mm tread all round!

It has a set of tein coilovers on it, it will also be having a full geo setup at WIM at the end of the month.

It has an HKS HiSilent power exhaust (cat-back) not to loud on normal cruise but has a nice tone when on a spirited drive!

The interior , i've died the carpets and mats black, the mats are pure sport ones but has the badge removed as I was waiting to get some new badges from Neo who was doing a group buy but never amounted to anything!

It has a pioneer headunit which will need replacing as its playing up ( will do before swap) has 6x9's mounted in the boot and a theloudest.com amp running the 6x9's and a vibe slick 12" sub!

I have some el glo's on order for it also that will go with it ! The odometer has been converted but the last owner never bothered with taking the speed limiter or convert the clocks to mph, it just has a facia stuck over it that goes to 115mph!

Body work is in an ok condition, the rear arches has quite a few parking dents in them, most will come out at the end of the month when dent devil comes to sort them, it has 2 rust bubbles on the tailgate and scratches down the nsr quarter ( Having Supraloopy look over these when i go pick up the new headlights for her!)

At the end of the month it will have a set of pre-facelift headlights that has been sprayed like the facelifts but instead of chrome rings they have been sprayed satin black as the chrome peeled!

I can take some pics when I get her cleaned next and will get some pics of the scratches etc!

for now a few pics until it gets cleaned so I can take some more!

Also if anyone wanted to buy mine outright then it will be £4400 ono :)

stop being such a girl! Ive not had abs in any of my cars to date and ive never suffered! :p

NA lsd's arent that uncommon either but you would get a tt diff (usualy) with a full 6 speed swap so does it matter?

and you call you call yourself a toyota mechanic :tongue:

stop being such a girl! Ive not had abs in any of my cars to date and ive never suffered! :p

NA lsd's arent that uncommon either but you would get a tt diff (usualy) with a full 6 speed swap so does it matter?

and you call you call yourself a toyota mechanic :tongue:

Haha Rob, you got told!

Don't worry Martin, we will slap him silly when we see him! You got a great base to work with mate, it is a lovely car! Don't sell it just because it does not have ABS or LSD! I never knew mine had ABS til 6 months into ownership & changing the dash caused the light to show when starting up! I've only had mine kick in when I went out in the snow for a little fun but other than that no!

Big brakes & your sorted! :D

Anyone interested, this is a nice motor.

I cant risk it handling like crap mate when my little one is in the car alot! i'd rather have the safety features just in case it stepped out when it shouldnt! :)

You have a little one :blink: I never knew! I thought you was 19 as well :D

Well the ABS or LSD don't help you when the back end kicks out, the stock traction control will or you can get the RLTC which apparently is very good! Plus if you have a little one in the car, you should be driving SLOWLY! :tongue:

I cant risk it handling like crap mate when my little one is in the car alot! i'd rather have the safety features just in case it stepped out when it shouldnt! :)

Not only that, but by the time you have bought a TT engine and associated bits n bobs, a 6 speed gearbox and all the gubbins, you will be far worse off financially than selling / swapping this and getting a ready made TT.

Plus, when you do come to sell, an original TT will be worth far more than an NA that has been changed to a TT.

learn to drive :p

haha i understand where your coming from mate but to be honest your not realy gaining many electronic safety features :shrug:

i can understand your angle though mate. Cost wise it probly work out cheaper in the long run.

Im just 1 who doesnt realy care of retail value afterwards as chances are i wont sell mine

Not only that, but by the time you have bought a TT engine and associated bits n bobs, a 6 speed gearbox and all the gubbins, you will be far worse off financially than selling / swapping this and getting a ready made TT.

Plus, when you do come to sell, an original TT will be worth far more than an NA that has been changed to a TT.

This is my thinking, i've spoken to Homer on his advice also and he seems to think its the better route! :)

learn to drive :p

haha i understand where your coming from mate but to be honest your not realy gaining many electronic safety features :shrug:

Its more piece of mind than anything mate, and i plan to go single in a few years so i'd rather have everything i possible can to keep it on the road than nothing at all! :)

Lovely looking Supra.:)

Thanks mate! :)

Guest MoeBlunt
homers advice is always the best IMHO!

so your becoming a man Rob, good on ya son! :D

Why is everyone taking low blows at rob, it's coming in from the left, right and center!! :D :p

homers advice is always the best IMHO!

so your becoming a man Rob, good on ya son! :D

I know just as your becoming a boy again Adnan :D

I'll swap my wheels for yours...:D

I think it was churchill that said... "Ohhhhh No No No No No"

There you go bud I'am sure we can come to a deal !

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=179034

Will reply to your pm now mate! :)

I'd love Jim's but like I said to him in a PM, even if i got a higher end price for mine ( 4 to 4.5k ish) i'd still need around 4k to meet his asking price at the moment of 8k, which i cant get hold of for a fair few months yet! I'd love to swap for a 6speed but realisticly I can see it being a high end auto at the moment or maybe a 6speed that needs some work!

Jim's is gorgeous though! Just what i'd be interested in if I had the money, love the stock skirts and spats! :)

Blimey, if you get Jimbos 6 spd, that'll be a result for ya, thats a lovely car.

Absolutely, both are very nice cars and with the plans Rob has makes a lot of sense financially (and to his stress levels too :D )

Thanks guys ;)

I'd love Jim's but like I said to him in a PM, even if i got a higher end price for mine ( 4 to 4.5k ish) i'd still need around 4k to meet his asking price at the moment of 8k, which i cant get hold of for a fair few months yet! I'd love to swap for a 6speed but realisticly I can see it being a high end auto at the moment or maybe a 6speed that needs some work!

Jim's is gorgeous though! Just what i'd be interested in if I had the money, love the stock skirts and spats! :)

Then save like MAD boy :)

I've been speaking to Jurgen over the last couple of days and i'm looking into getting a car imported for my birthday in july now!

So if anyone wants to buy instead of swap then price is £4400 ono :) ( no silly offers!)

Will still listen to offers for swaps though but looking into getting a TT facelift auto now! :)

Also forgot to add that the car is fitted with a Clifford alarm and Cobra immobilser :)

And has a black leatherette head liner and sunvisors! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.