The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Be Super Careful if your buying any car in the London Area!!!

adnanshah247

Theres a few animals running around in London, listing very nice new cars for sale. not stupidly cheap and not expensive either. your looking at maybe £500 - £1000 off what they should be going for in private sales. anyways these a$$clowns meet up with you, call you to their address's, allow you to drive the car etc etc etc. they ask for cash and when you come back with it your held up at gun point. has happened in South London 3 times in the last week.

Unfortunately one of my friends ended up being a victim in North London and has just been robbed for 14K cash! Be careful people, be very very very bloody careful!

Like i said, they are very pursuasive, kind and open people. they let you do what ever you like, even go to the extent of making reciepts and signing (FAKE) logbooks. however some logbooks are genuine but are shown for the sake of it. South London, East London and North London have all had these attacks and the Met has stated for people to be very vigilant and straight away report any funny issues!

Theres a few animals running around in London, listing very nice new cars for sale. not stupidly cheap and not expensive either. your looking at maybe £500 - £1000 off what they should be going for in private sales. anyways these a$$clowns meet up with you, call you to their address's, allow you to drive the car etc etc etc. they ask for cash and when you come back with it your held up at gun point. has happened in South London 3 times in the last week.

Unfortunately one of my friends ended up being a victim in North London and has just been robbed for 14K cash! Be careful people, be very very very bloody careful!

Like i said, they are very pursuasive, kind and open people. they let you do what ever you like, even go to the extent of making reciepts and signing (FAKE) logbooks. however some logbooks are genuine but are shown for the sake of it. South London, East London and North London have all had these attacks and the Met has stated for people to be very vigilant and straight away report any funny issues!

Bloody hell.

Sorry to hear about your mate.

Are there any positives in this country anymore?! Scumbags.

Are there any positives in this country anymore?! Scumbags.

Of course the UK is the only country in the world where this kind of thing happens :rolleyes:

The lesson is never take cash for any kind of transaction over an amount you can afford to lose. If the seller insists on CASH ONLY - walk away.

I am suprised that your friend took £14K !!! CASH !!! with him to buy a car! How did he agree for such a risk! I feel sorry for your friend!

Yeah, thats a bit scary... most cash I took out to buy a car was around £5500 and I was paranoid a fuk on the train.

Can't really blame him though, some people are really persuasive and insists on cash only...

Assuming the cars are legal did your friend get a note of the reg or even the address where they met up?