The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sick to death of looking at cars!

JamieP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think i have found a car at last, sounds perfect and the guy sounds very genuine, one owner 57 plate Focus ST-3 in blue with leather and only 14,000 miles.

Im going to see it in the morning, fingers crossed.:)

All that for only 12k?? Seems like a good deal if it is! :)

Its a grand over budget but hoping to meet him somewhere in the middle if its clean.

That will be a touch if you can meet him halfway or even knock him down to your budget ;)

Stick some piccies up if you end up of getting it as i quite like the ST's :)

I thought about getting one just because my initials are all over it and i wouldnt have to "customise" it :D

I gotta say I am feeling this way too.

Looked at a Supra yesterday - advertised as being absolutley pristine with immaculate body work - first thing you see is the rusting on the tailgate which when I pointed it out it was like - oh, I never spotted that - as if.

Then brakes completley shot - on the test drive they worked, but just about - it was like driving on ice you had to give yourself that much stopping distance.

Then a knocking noise from the front end - guy says it's a wheel bearing but I doubt it myself.

All considered it was priced fairly cheap and even taking into account the money to sort it out, it would have been priced fairly competitively, but I just could not have been bothered.

When a car is described as being pristine and it clearly is not - even taking the fact that the overall price of the car is still competitive with the bits sorted, you just end up with a negative impression of the car from the disappointment of seeing it not in the condition it was described.

The search continues....