The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sick to death of looking at cars!

JamieP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all honesty Jamie, the cars your looking for the bm's are really fun to drive, seriously the guys who have them in my area rip the nuts out of them because they are quick, what you dont want to do is end up by a pristine looking car that has been thrashed to pieces. is your mrs very anti-japanese?

We have looked at everything, they are the only cars she likes mate.

We have looked at everything, they are the only cars she likes mate.

may sound daft but how about trying a main dealer jamie? they do have a few cars that are on reasonable market value prices and as its from main delaer it wont be a bag of bolts and they'll chuck in a warranty as well just dont take the supra to view the bm or they'll by purpose tell you theres no warranty :D

just spotted this:-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=198143

As you know I needed an Auto for my GF, she was very fussy about what she wanted and we visited may second hand car dealers and private sales, have you considered a new car, we ended up with a new C class Merc, 200 CDI in fact and I have to say the service was exceptional, the car is fantastic and the Merc repayment scheme makes it very affordable IMO

As you know I needed an Auto for my GF, she was very fussy about what she wanted and we visited may second hand car dealers and private sales, have you considered a new car, we ended up with a new C class Merc, 200 CDI in fact and I have to say the service was exceptional, the car is fantastic and the Merc repayment scheme makes it very affordable IMO

We are thinking maybe get a new car if i cant find anything in the next couple of weeks, i wont have finance so it limits whats available with a 12k budget a bit.

Wow I'd have thought that £12k would get quite alot of good car these days? There's no accounting for peoples honesty in description of vehicles though. Even main agent dealers can be very liberal with the truth. If you end up travelling to see a car and its no-where near the original description it can infuriate to the point of wanting to throttle the fec!*rs. Its the whole "I didn't realise it was doing that" or "I hadn't noticed that the paintwork was all dented/scratched, badly oversprayed etc" b*ll*x that chimps me off.

Wow I'd have thought that £12k would get quite alot of good car these days? There's no accounting for peoples honesty in description of vehicles though. Even main agent dealers can be very liberal with the truth. If you end up travelling to see a car and its no-where near the original description it can infuriate to the point of wanting to throttle the fec!*rs. Its the whole "I didn't realise it was doing that" or "I hadn't noticed that the paintwork was all dented/scratched, badly oversprayed etc" b*ll*x that chimps me off.

You would think so mate but it seems not.

Anyone live near Dagenham Motors, Woodford Green? and fancy checking this one out for me, Looks just like what i want but really dont fancy another wasted trip, Beer in it for you:)

http://used.car.dagenhammotors.co.uk/control.cfm?MREQ=app_viewVehicleDetails&StockListID=865860

abz, u sumed up bmw owners in 1 sentance! people are morons!.. i sold my astra bertone which i must of plugged 4k into it and i had it up with 12months tax and mot..( basically i could get insured on a supra so there was no other car for me) so i advertized it on pistonheads and about 6 other sites including vauxhall sites! and i kept getting idiots coming round to see it and offering me penny's for it! 1 guy said my exhaust had alot of smoke, which it was puffing a little, but the egr valve had just been replaced as it was faulty! so it needed a good clear out.. he offered me 1400 saying it was damaged.. in the end i sold it to a vauxhall mechanic who looked it over and said he had not seen 1 in better condition in years and gave me 3k for it.. if some1 says the car is imaculate.. i normally say " if i turn up and there is a single mark on it, im going to hurt you!!!" they soon say, "oh well there is ..." :D try it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayla

Best bet to buy brand new if you want something immaculate

and lose 5 grand off it at soon as it drives off the forecourt. Plus if its Renault, Peugeot, Ford, Vauxhall, VW etc things will probably break and fail in the 1st 12 months any way.

I agree, false economy to buy a new car these days, but i guess its down to standards, you would expect a one of two year old car to be pretty good condition, especially if it comes from a main dealer.

I went to look at four year old 350Z cab at a large dealership just before Christmas, and was amazed that it was in such bad condition, even the wife picked up the fact that it had had a repair to the front bumper and it wasn't paint matched at all well, lots of stone chips, and all the wheels where curbed.

Needless to say i didn't even bother driving it, as i doubt it would have given an honest feel of what a decent one was like.

just saying it as it is not having a go , theres a bit more to a proper prep than it just looking shiny , which to 90% of the population is fine , but people are becoming more aware of the crap jobs these dealers are doing , funny i did an audi just before crimbo , customer refused to take it after turning up to collect it , the usual BS oh we just washed it for you and all that crap .

he said hed come back in the morning with me .

cost the dealer £250 took me 9 hours to sort it