The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sick to death of looking at cars!

JamieP

So fed up trying to find a car for my wife, everything out there is a pile sh1t, the country is full of time wasters:(

We must of looked at 30 cars in the last four weeks, every time i call up i ask what the condition is like and its always a load of bollox they tell me.

We went to look at two different bmw 1 series today, first was a 2006 120d sport and was described "as new" by the seller, front bumper was miss aligned to the wing, dodgy paint repair and a curbed wheels:(

Second was a 2006 130i sport described as "imaculate" over the phone, every wheel badly curbed and a load scratches and heavy stone chips, when i pull the sales guy he tells me "we only got it in yesterday and not had a chance to tart it up yet":rolleyes:

Last car today was a 2007 ford focus St from a ford dealer and when we got there the sales guy tells me it was sold friday, i called up about the car this morning i tell him, sorry he says.

God help the next person that lies to me:diablo:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So fed up trying to find a car for my wife, everything out there is a pile sh1t, the country is full of time wasters:(

We must of looked at 30 cars in the last four weeks, every time i call up i ask what the condition is like and its always a load of bollox they tell me.

We went to look at two different bmw 1 series today, first was a 2006 120d sport and was described "as new" by the seller, front bumper was miss aligned to the wing, dodgy paint repair and a curbed wheels:(

Second was a 2006 130i sport described as "imaculate" over the phone, every wheel badly curbed and a load scratches and heavy stone chips, when i pull the sales guy he tells me "we only got it in yesterday and not had a chance to tart it up yet":rolleyes:

Last car today was a 2007 ford focus St from a ford dealer and when we got there the sales guy tells me it was sold friday, i called up about the car this morning i tell him, sorry he says.

God help the next person that lies to me:diablo:

I know what you mean mate,

I just bought a 2003 307 hdi, it said the body was immaculate condition

Now immaculate condition to me is like the car has come out of the show room, Well it had a few pin dents, one slighty larger dent in the door and 3 corners of the car had little scrapes. It also said it had sat nav and he was right it does! but the screen has lines down it so you cant Fuc**ng see what it says anyways so thats allot of bloody help.

I got it in the end though, as i knocked him down loads so not bad in the end

When i advertise my Supra im going to say its better then concours condition!

They just seem to want to pull the wool over peoples eyes, I feel really sorry for the people who know nothing about cars

Here she is, picked her up Sat

Something tells me something has angered you :think: :D

I thought you bought a 3 series or something already?

That was another pita, i have a feeling that might have been a scam, guy wanted a deposit without me seeing the car, i refused and when i called the next morning to go view i was told it got sold.

See Jamie this is where you are going wrong... You are calling up a BMW owner & asking what condition's the car is in? About 80% pretty much no next to nothing about cars! They assume because it is a BMW the dents don't count because the badge does. :)

I've brought loads of cars for friends & family an the best one to date was seeing a BMW 3 series Convertible (1999) she stated it had FSH & she has it done every year for the 5 years she had it. When I asked her to show me this, she brought out the MOT's! :blink: She assumed that the MOT was the service! 5 years & no oil change! Luckily she didn't do much mileage but that was enough for a no sale for me! :)

What happened about getting an IS250? I wouldn't rule out going to other franchise dealers either about getting a BMW or anything else, I know what mines been like since the recession we've had all sort's in from Mini Cooper S's to top of the range 5 Series BMW's! We've just took in a new shape X5 aswell! We've got more non franchise cars on the forecourt than Lexus or Toyota's at the moment!

What happened about getting an IS250? I wouldn't rule out going to other franchise dealers either about getting a BMW or anything else, I know what mines been like since the recession we've had all sort's in from Mini Cooper S's to top of the range 5 Series BMW's! We've just took in a new shape X5 aswell! We've got more non franchise cars on the forecourt than Lexus or Toyota's at the moment!

She dont like the IS.

Got to be 2006 or newer and its between these car, if you have anything let me know mate.

Focus ST

Golf GTI

bmw 1 and 3 series

I think it has got to me, only 10 min ago i said to the wife i might sell my Supra.

So your sick of looking for cars.... so you decide to sell instead :p

I was admiring your car earlier in the projects section. Love the back end of it... Wouldn't mind owning it! Then again I always said that I would try copy your old car's looks (the red one). Perhaps new car underneath and old car looks :)