The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Haiti DO IT NOW!

far

I wouldnt say I respect people who dont donate. Isnt respect associated with someone or something you hold on high regard, something that has a high sense of worth?

I have a high sense of worth its paying off the national debt no doubt the government will make a donation we can ill afford in turn I will pay extortinate tax to pay for it.

What do I think let them get on with it. I would rather give my money to the Dogs Trust :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say I respect people who dont donate. Isnt respect associated with someone or something you hold on high regard, something that has a high sense of worth?

I can see your point, that said I donate each month to UNICEF as I hold in high regard what they do. I do understand the gravity of the disaster in Haiti but I still feel that my money would never actually impact the people that matter, and as harsh as it sounds I really have difficulty in finding enough personal emotional loyalty to donate.

If the disaster was is many other countries or regions then I would donate.

I respect the reasons for the thread and your opinion but I can understand why many will not make a donation.

The country has always had a tough history but surely that's really not the attitude to take, because there are some crims about then let the innocent rest suffer?

Anyway, I think they'll be dropping their machetes once the 10K US marines turn up.

Well said - just because a smaller proportion of the population go on a rampage does that mean we tar everyone else with the same brush?

Its these attitudes that promote stereotypes. And to be fair if the country was in the state it is with no food, water or aid and my family were somewhere in a field starving I dare say I would arm myself with a weapon and go out there to fight for what little food there is

You would not have thought it possible that a charity thread about a major humanitarian disaster could possibly excite so much negative comment and resentment.

Some of the dumbest comments I've seen in a long time.

Unsubscribed.

it just shows how society and people think nowadays - I hope my kids never grow up having such negative views of the world

That's a whole lot of assumption right there.

Again, there is MORE than enough money floating around in this country to sort out our poverty issues.

I'll just agree to disagree with you :)

what makes you think that poverty is an issue that needs to be sorted out? arent we in a capitalist society?