The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1996 SzR 6 speed manual

gt4tosupra

Testing the waters on this one, if the bad weather stops i might change my mind!:p

i'm thinking i want to go back to a gt4 as the supra, as good as it is, and as much as i'm loving the rear wheel drive, is just too impractical for the winter conditions where i live and work!

The car is Bazza's old one and its in amazing condition, 3.0 NA 6 speed manual, which is a rare SZR facelift model, in silver. I'll get photos up when i can, but briefly its got 18inch BK racing 5 spoke alloys, HKS coilovers, rear PU bushes, 2nd decat, and blitz Nur spec which sounds amazing!

I'd be looking for a cash sale of £4500 ovno, or a p/ex, money my way, against a gt4 st205

Anyone interested let me know !

• 5 weeks later...
Nice car but we've just had a 1998 NA with 56k on the clock go for £3,700.

You may have to reduce your price for a quick sale or wait for the summer to get closer to what you want;)

Was it a 6sp tho? i'm not in any rush, if i dont get decent price i'll be keeping it!:D

Nice car but we've just had a 1998 NA with 56k on the clock go for £3,700.

You may have to reduce your price for a quick sale or wait for the summer to get closer to what you want;)

where did this sell from?? sounds too cheap..... esp if its a 6speed, way too cheap. 2grand just for the box!

anyway gd luck with the sale mate, lovely car!

I think thats a good price, my SZ-R is at £4700 just now which is a few hundred less than Id like.

Id say try to be patient and dont go much lower than your at now. NAs are still going really cheap just now, and alot of people arent aware of the extra value of the 6-speed box (as stated, 6-speed conversions go for £thousands).

Thats a great looking car mate, GLWS! :)

The 98 NA that recently sold for £3700 was indeed a bargain. I should know I was the lucky buyer :)

Thing is though, although the car was cheap the main problem I think Jon had with selling the car was his location and time of year. Jon lives in Dundee which for me was an 800mile round trip which I was only prepared to do if the car was at a price I couldn't ignore. Also as many people will know selling in the winter is always more difficult.

My advice is stick to your guns on price for a bit if your in no hurry to sell. Also as others have stated the gearbox is clearly a good selling point so I wouldn't let it go too cheap.

Good luck with the sale

Trev

where did this sell from?? sounds too cheap..... esp if its a 6speed, way too cheap. 2grand just for the box!

anyway gd luck with the sale mate, lovely car!

Thats a very nice looking car bud but lots of people wont see the value of the six speed if they are looking for an entry level car,autos go that bit cheaper so are tempting.The other snag is price too high and you get close to low value tt's,good luck with the sale :)

true, but this money would only get someone an auto tt in not so brill condition.

I was in the exact same position when i bought this, but i just couldnt go auto, and this was and still is in amazing condition:)

I would always have to go for condition first, and manual, thats just me tho!

true, but this money would only get someone an auto tt in not so brill condition.

I was in the exact same position when i bought this, but i just couldnt go auto, and this was and still is in amazing condition:)

I would always have to go for condition first, and manual, thats just me tho!

Agreed, the money I spent on my SZ-R could have bought a ropey auto, but that just wouldnt have done it for me! Much better IMO to have a tidy 6-speed with scope to go TT later (even though thats probably not going to happen now due to circumstances!).

Im still dithering about getting rid of mine tbh. I keep buying it new bits (buying BradzT's Advans this weekend, and full new exhaust and brakes the last few weeks). NAs are great everyday cars, Id recommend one to anybody.

Forgot to state in original post for anyone who doesnt know, this is the SZR model and therefore has a lot of the extras that the TT's get, such as big 4 pot brakes up front, and LSD, as well as the 6 speed Getrag gearbox.

This is THE ideal model to convert to a TT, as everything else is there on the car ready for the hike in power, brakes, LSD, and also has HKS coilovers!

Or u can just keep as is! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.