The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for my neighbour Paul i Resta at force india.I predict he will get Luizzi s seat mid season then score some points.He is a great driver and has beaten Hamilton and Vettel in the other formulas.Only politics and sponsorship has kept him out till now.

your neighbour?

he sounds like a knock off of paul di resta

A big Thank You to Mercx for posting the picture of Schumacher. Only 3 weeks left to I see him on TV again, cant wait so excited he is back and def off to Silverstone with a new flag :o(. Going to be a tough summer schumacher or driving the supra, what a choice, might have to take the supra to Silverstone get two birds with one stone then lol!

A big Thank You to Mercx for posting the picture of Schumacher. Only 3 weeks left to I see him on TV again, cant wait so excited he is back and def off to Silverstone with a new flag :o(. Going to be a tough summer schumacher or driving the supra, what a choice, might have to take the supra to Silverstone get two birds with one stone then lol!

Should we all club together and get you both a room :D

USF1 have appealed to the FIA to start the season late...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8526137.stm

New Formula 1 team USF1 is struggling financially and has asked the sport's governing body the FIA if they can miss four grand prix races.

The collapse of a number of sponsorship deals has prompted USF1 to ask to begin the inaugural season in May.

Missing races is against FIA rules but co-owner Ken Anderson said it would help get USF1 on the grid.

"If we get a decision quickly, it triggers funding and we're good to go," Anderson told the New York Times.

Wonder if they'll get it or if we'll see 13 teams for the year or if another team will replace USF1.

Also wondering if you can put a bet on for Barhain that a team will suffer a catastrophic wing failure / double DNF as quite frankly VR1's testing hasn't gone that great has it?

Also Alonso has gone on the record that the F10 is the best car he's ever driven and they haven't shown their hand yet performance wise.

Guess I can see why many haven't joined up to the Fantasy league yet! Hope all you F1 nuts put an entry in after the final testing session though :)

Also Alonso has gone on the record that the F10 is the best car he's ever driven and they haven't shown their hand yet performance wise.

That's why I hedged my bets with Ferrari and went Hami and Massa, hopefully he hasn't lost anything since the accident - although the wife will wonder why I'm screaming for Massa to do well this year. :D

That's why I hedged my bets with Ferrari and went Hami and Massa, hopefully he hasn't lost anything since the accident - although the wife will wonder why I'm screaming for Massa to do well this year. :D

People have only chosen Alonso or Hamilton too from Table A. I am wondering if anyone (maybe that TJP chap) will put their balls on the block and choose Schumi.

People have only chosen Alonso or Hamilton too from Table A. I am wondering if anyone (maybe that TJP chap) will put their balls on the block and choose Schumi.

TJP is a women so got no men balls lol, dont understand F1 Fantasy, need to read up about it and can guarantee I will put my name against Schumi however not betting against the supra!

Ok all the cars are now released...

USF1 have crumbled into dust and Campos-Meta has been bought out and renamed as HRT-F1.

The HRT looks like;

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hrt_1_2010.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hrt_2_2010.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hrt_3_2010.jpg

We go racing a week today, as FP1 in Bahrain starts.

Updated the 1st and 4th posts in this thread.

Guest Twilight

The upcoming season is going to be great. So many candidates for the chapionship, so many F1 world champions racing. Only one is missing, but he is spending the sabbatical inside a Citroen.

Who knows what happens in the future. But i hope to see our iceman back on the track.

All teams have shown pace - but there's no real inidication of the true pace at the moment. Ferrari are looking good, so are RBR and McLaren. Williams have shown their customary pre-season pace, but if that translates to the grid, who knows? Force India have also shown decent pace and Sauber are up there as well. Mercedes aren't showing their full potential.

It's going to be a clear field of 3-4 teams up front, the newbies being 2-3s off the pace at the rear and Renault somewhere between in my opinion.

It's very tight, but I'm saying McLaren and RBR are about equal with Ferrari a tenth off, with Merc and Williams a tenth or two behind that.

All teams have shown pace - but there's no real inidication of the true pace at the moment. Ferrari are looking good, so are RBR and McLaren. Williams have shown their customary pre-season pace, but if that translates to the grid, who knows? Force India have also shown decent pace and Sauber are up there as well. Mercedes aren't showing their full potential.

It's going to be a clear field of 3-4 teams up front, the newbies being 2-3s off the pace at the rear and Renault somewhere between in my opinion.

It's very tight, but I'm saying McLaren and RBR are about equal with Ferrari a tenth off, with Merc and Williams a tenth or two behind that.

I think the drivers are going to actually make the difference this year...the cars are so close.

All the established teams are close. And I think you're not wide of the mark with your assessment. I'm relieved the Cosworth in the FW32 seem to have good straightline grunt. But in practice the MR4-25 was 5-6km/h faster in the speed traps than anyone else. The F10 and FW32 being the next fastest.

Whilst top speed isn't very important to outright lap time it is important to overtaking and defending...looks like the McLaren has a major advantage here thanks to its "blown rear wing" arrangement. The C29 and the FW32 also have blown rear wings but they are not as advanced as the McLaren's.

Blown Rear Wing Explaination

The Merc MGP-01 will feature a major aero update at Bahrain, which the team think will put it back on terms with the McLaren's/Ferrari's...I will reserve judgement as I was unimpressed with the ex-Honda squad's ability to develop the car last year and on numerous occasions made it worse. But eitherway I'm expecting a titianic scrap next weekend.

RedBull are looking quick but fragile...they got rid of Geoff Willis after he was got the RB5 sorted for reliability, I'm concerned they are losing the plot again. To finish first, first you must finish...

The new teams will be mobile chicanes for the first 4 races at least. I'll be stunned if a Virgin finishes either of the first 2 races. The Lotus will run 4secs off the pace consistantly but will get to the end. As for the Hormone Replacement Therapy car...well it's made by Dallara, who arn't exactly poor at making single seaters...but the team itself is so unready that I can't see them being reliable, as they will have issues to iron out.