The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that's Button out of the running and not really in the picture to do Hami any favours either, same story with Massa/Alonso.

Where the heck did Hulkenburg pull those laps out of? I can understand him hooking things up well, but he just blitzed the rest.. got to wonder if he's setup well enough for the race. Just hope he doesn't mess it up in the first corner and take out the championship contenders!

Tomorrows race should be a good one to watch

Where the heck did Hulkenburg pull those laps out of? I can understand him hooking things up well, but he just blitzed the rest.. got to wonder if he's setup well enough for the race. Just hope he doesn't mess it up in the first corner and take out the championship contenders!

Tomorrows race should be a good one to watch

I think as he got out earlier he got higher average temps into the tires than others, twin that with timing it perfectly so that he got more laps as well as earlier laps than anyone else on the slicks he maximised it. You saw everyone squirming the back end when putting the power down on the last corner at the bottom of the hill - including him but as I think he got stickier slicks than others he had generally higher traction over the lap looking at all the sectors

A good moment for him given the uncertainty about his future currently but I think rbr will get the jump on him if it's dry. He only stands a chance to lead for any amount of time if it's raining.

Was good to see the upscaled footage on BBC 1 hd :)

But didn't Rubens get the slicks before him? IIRC Hulkenburg only got the one extra lap over the others, but was pole position even before he finished that last lap.

As you say, it's still good for the sport to see someone else at the top, especially for Hulkenburg and Williams' future. I was laughing when he got pole, love to see things get mixed up like this as it makes for a more interesting race

I was laughing when he got pole, love to see things get mixed up like this as it makes for a more interesting race

I was gutted when I saw him get pole. :(

Is sure going to make retaining 6th a little bit more of a challenge. All we have to do is make sure they don't score more than 2 points more than us for the rest of the season....

Where the heck did Hulkenburg pull those laps out of? I can understand him hooking things up well, but he just blitzed the rest.. got to wonder if he's setup well enough for the race.

It was an amazing drive by Hulkenburg, he was over a second quicker than anyone else on his last 2 laps. Wonder if some of the title contenders have gone for a dry track setup which compromised their qualifying a little.

Hulkenburg was just in the right place at the right time and on the right tyres that were also nicely up to temp, fair play to him though as it was a brave few laps he put in at the end.

Could be an interesting start !

Fingers crossed Alonso fluffs it and goes further back than he already is

Go Webber and Hamilton :)

Hulkenburg was just in the right place at the right time and on the right tyres that were also nicely up to temp, fair play to him though as it was a brave few laps he put in at the end.

Can't 100% agree with that, because he banged in 2 laps that would have got him pole, he did an outstanding job over the final part of Qualy, beating Vettel. He did his lap, Vettel responded and couldn't make it. Then Hulkenberg went again, to reinforce it.

Can't 100% agree with that, because he banged in 2 laps that would have got him pole, he did an outstanding job over the final part of Qualy, beating Vettel. He did his lap, Vettel responded and couldn't make it. Then Hulkenberg went again, to reinforce it.

Agree, over 1 second faster lap than anyone else would suggest there was some major difference in setup, I wonder if Hulk's car was on a full wet setting and the other championship contenders had their cars set up for the dry - or some sort of compromise between the two - banking on a dry track today.

Hoping it will be an exciting race today, Button was disappointing in qualifying, hopefully he goes for it today and can make some headway up the field, as he's nothing to lose now. His close call with death yesterday will hopefully fire him up!

Button was disappointing in qualifying, hopefully he goes for it today and can make some headway up the field, as he's nothing to lose now. His close call with death yesterday will hopefully fire him up!

Ron Dennis? In a mask? With a machine gun?

Tony, If you feel strongly about this then maybe a new thread would be the best place for it.

Let's keep this about F1 because f*************************k it's gonna be tight next weekend. I was a bag of nerves watching the first few corners today, praying that everyone of the top five made it though. Next week I'm going to be climbing the walls and hiding behind the sofa.

Webber FTW.