The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

Very interesting race. Agree that Hamilton was too impatient and didn't finish the manoeuvre - if you compare his cornering line with that of Kubica in an identical move, Kubica left a *lot* more room on the inside.. which is why Hamilton got hit. Alonso is becoming a big threat to Mark.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton turned into the corner with a clear track in front of him. Weber should have yeilded in my opinion. I know there is a Championship at stake but Hamilton was in front, had the racing line and Weber should have let him through.

But we don't know just how hard Mark was already braking. I'd presume that as they tend to drive right on the limit, he was braking as hard as he could without locking up. In which case, what else could he do to get out of Lewis' way?

Racing incident IMHO

Oh and why is India building a track? with all the problem's they have? wouldent that money be better spent else ware:search:

It's a private business, I guess they wouldn't be investing if they didn't think they could make some kind of return out of it, good for them if they can pull it off.

But we don't know just how hard Mark was already braking. I'd presume that as they tend to drive right on the limit, he was braking as hard as he could without locking up. In which case, what else could he do to get out of Lewis' way?

Racing incident IMHO

He knew that Lewis was already in front. If he was along side then thats another story but Lewis was a good three quarters of a car length in front so Weber should have braked sooner to avoid a collision.

He knew that Lewis was already in front. If he was along side then thats another story but Lewis was a good three quarters of a car length in front so should have braked sooner to avoid a collision.

So you're not allowed to try to outbrake someone else into a corner? Don't think so. If that was the case and overtaking was only allowed outside of a certain distance from each corner on the track, then we'd be watching even more processional races than we've seen at times in the past.

Webber managed to brake enough to make the corner without going wide. When both of them arrived in the corner, Lewis was not clearly in front and turned in.

I've admired Hamilton's driving for a while, and defended Lewis many times in the past. That's not to say I'm against him here - I'm not. He couldn't see Mark in his blindspot and wasn't expecting him to still be alongside, so understandably turned in. That's why I think it's simply a racing incident. It seems the stewards and Martin Brundle thought the same.

So you're not allowed to try to outbrake someone else into a corner? Don't think so. If that was the case and overtaking was only allowed outside of a certain distance from each corner on the track, then we'd be watching even more processional races than we've seen at times in the past.

Webber managed to brake enough to make the corner without going wide. When both of them arrived in the corner, Lewis was not clearly in front and turned in.

I've admired Hamilton's driving for a while, and defended Lewis many times in the past. That's not to say I'm against him here - I'm not. He couldn't see Mark in his blindspot and wasn't expecting him to still be alongside, so understandably turned in. That's why I think it's simply a racing incident. It seems the stewards and Martin Brundle thought the same.

Completely understand where you are coming from and i am not defending Hamilton any more than i am 'blaming' Weber. Put yourself in the cockpit of Webers car. Hamilton has overtaken you. Do you a) expect him to close the door as all drivers do or b) brake a bit sooner so that you avoid a potential accident that could end the race for either or both cars and try to regain the position at the next opportunity???

No-brainer for me bud.

Mark had the inside line but not the racing line. Irrespective of that, even if Hamilton gave more space to Mark, there is no way for Mark to go round that corner without smashing into Hamilton. He approached it too fast!

No he didn't, he would have got around it fine if there hadn't been a mclaren turning into him. He was braking as hard as he could, and there was nowhere else he was able to go to avoid Hamilton.

Racing incident, but Hamilton should really have left more room.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...