The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One theory that was floated yesterday in discussions at work was that there were team orders for Vettel was to hang back as much as possible on the safety car to back up the pack, and allow Webber to gain a good advantage - which would allow him to pit and retain the lead, and as a payback Webber would allow Vettel to pass him for a 1-2 finish.

wow, Schuey actually admitted he was wrong:

"Michael Schumacher has said he is "sorry" if Rubens Barrichello felt he had been put in danger by his blocking manoeuvre at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The Mercedes driver will be penalised 10 grid places at the next grand prix after he pushed his former team-mate within centimetres of a concrete wall.

Schumacher wrote on his website: "The manoeuvre against him was too hard.

"I didn't want to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he had this feeling I am sorry, this was not my intention."

Williams driver Barrichello called the move the most dangerous in his long career and said the German should have been black-flagged for dangerous driving.

The seven-time world champion initially denied he was at fault. However, on reflection Schumacher admitted to making a mistake."

How would they have passed that order without anyone knowing? There's no way they could have forseen that situation and already covered it in their briefing.

It would have been like Ferrari's coded message to Massa :D

Eddie Jordan did ask Christian Horner if they'd told Vettel to hang back on the restart, he denied they had done any such thing which i believe.

But surely Red Bull doing this would know about the 10-length rule?

Well, that would explain why Vettel was so upset.

I can't see Webber going for that to be honest or Vettel but who knows in the crazy world of F1 !
I can see Mark doing it, as he is a proper team player, but I agree that it seems unlikely.

How would they have passed that order without anyone knowing? There's no way they could have forseen that situation and already covered it in their briefing.
Not sure about this one... but Vettel was complaining that his headset wasn't working properly. Is there someone on the Beeb listening in to all radio comms between car & engineer?

One theory that was floated yesterday in discussions at work was that there were team orders for Vettel was to hang back as much as possible on the safety car to back up the pack, and allow Webber to gain a good advantage - which would allow him to pit and retain the lead, and as a payback Webber would allow Vettel to pass him for a 1-2 finish.

That's the way I saw it, I think one of the commentators mentioned it too.

Is there someone on the Beeb listening in to all radio comms between car & engineer?
Yes. Team comms have been fully opened up to TV now apparently.

Taken from an article about the Ferrari team orders at Hockenheim: "...this was the first grand prix in which all radio communications were available to television..."

http://www.planetf1.com/editorial/6278903/Why-Ferrari-Were-Wrong

It would have been an obvious team order i think under the circumstances and if

Red Bull had of done something like that i'd think we'd know about it by now.

Ferrari would also be screaming their heads off like they normally do if someone else is breaking the rules.

It would have been an obvious team order i think under the circumstances and if

Red Bull had of done something like that i'd think we'd know about it by now.

Ferrari would also be screaming their heads off like they normally do if someone else is breaking the rules.

I bet they wouldn't - they were the team that benefited most. ;)

• 4 weeks later...