The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

Right call for the team, just done in the worst way possible, the best reason to use is a warning of you need to save Fuel alonso doesnt try and save where you can.

We all know these cars are short fuelled so would of been seen as normal racing.

However it did drop a potentially very good battle.

Massa was slowing Alonso into Vettel, who was catching it could of turned into a 3 way battle for the lead.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Alonso had to speed off, though - he knew Massa wasn't going to fight him. Looking at the final result, though. Another 5 laps and I think Vettel might have had Massa. For me, it was the right call, just done very, very wrong.

Overtaking should be real though, not staged. Not going to happen in F1 though and this kind of thing is just going to keep on happening.

I remember in '98 at Spa when Hill was leading Schumacher JR. Jr was faster than Hill and was obviously wanting to race for the lead.

Hill got on the radio and told him "if we stay as we are we can finish 1st and 2nd. If we race, then neither of us will finish".

That's how team orders should be done!

Maybe its in Massa's contract he has to yield to Alonso? I reckon Smedley objected to the order so worded the message in such a way as to get maximum impact. After all, the teams know all transmissions are monitored...

Have you seen Smedleys interview, looks like he values his job more than telling the truth, which i can't blame him for and i'd probably do the same but it shows how much Ferrari think of everyone else and just how stupid do you think we are.

Its like lieing to your mom when you were a kid that you'd not been lighting bonfires yet you stink of smoke :D you know it isn't going to work but you try it anyway.

I wonder what the WMSC will do ?

£100,000 fine, that's just pissing in the wind. Open race fixing should carry a much stiffer penalty. There is no way they could hide Ron's radio message, "thanks mate, well done, now just stick with him." The whole of F1 was robbed of a three way race to the line.

We might just see if nobody else gets in their way and neither has a mechanical issue the 2 Red Bulls racing to the finish seeing as they have no team orders and are on the same points in the drivers championship ?

We might just see if nobody else gets in their way and neither has a mechanical issue the 2 Red Bulls racing to the finish seeing as they have no team orders and are on the same points in the drivers championship ?

They've got to try and get round all the back markers so that's going to give everyone else a chance.

I remember in '98 at Spa when Hill was leading Schumacher JR. Jr was faster than Hill and was obviously wanting to race for the lead.

Hill got on the radio and told him "if we stay as we are we can finish 1st and 2nd. If we race, then neither of us will finish".

That's how team orders should be done!

They played this clip on the Quali show today. Hill says "Listen up chaps, I've got an idea but you'll have to pass it by Eddie". :D