The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty obvious it was team orders changing the result of the race, team orders doing this are banned so the FIA must do something.

The saga on the rostrum, the drivers press conferance and the team prinicipals interview are insulting our intelligence.

Ferrari yet again shoot themselves in the foot and in my opinion both cars should be removed from the results

Mr Todt is the FIA president so i wonder what will happen

:yehthat:

They all have team orders. Some more blatant than others.

Thye teams are there for their own ends, and Ferrari think Alonso is more likely to deliver.

Everybody knows who the number 1 and 2 drivers are in the teams and this system of favourtism will always be there regardless of rules and regs.

It is frustrating to see but what team would like to see a repeat of the red bull incident purely for the publics enjoyment?

It is frustrating to see but what team would like to see a repeat of the red bull incident purely for the publics enjoyment?

How about the McLaren wheel to wheel racing after said incident??

Racing is racing - making it a precession puts people off watching it.

See Bahrain.

Ferrari bosses have been called in front of the stewards to explain themselves.

What would you do if you were the Stewards?

Personally, I'd tell Ferrari that I'm reversing the 1st and 2nd finishing positions - and if they disagree I'd strip the team of the constructors points.

Yet again Ferrari have shown their true colours. Remember 2 races ago with Hamiltons drive-through? "Ferrari always play to the rules and it's disgusting when other teams don't."

How about the McLaren wheel to wheel racing after said incident??

Racing is racing - making it a precession puts people off watching it.

See Bahrain.

They then had the orders to "save fuel" IIRC and both backed off ;)

Umm i don't know how many races you have seen this season but it is already a precession :D

Ferrari fined $100,000 but result stands :thumbdown:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8852918.stm

What they did was wrong according to the rules, but it wouldn't have affect the result if the 1-2 order was reversed.

Team orders do happen, that is obvious, and I suppose in a weird way at least they were pretty upfront about it, just a shame they are all fibbing post race.

its like politicians though, if you say something straight up you will get took to pieces by the press. You have to do that pathetic wishy washy excuse speech after youve done something you shouldnt have. If you dont confess someone has to prove you have done something, its how the justice system works unfortunately. innocent until proven guilty.

This could have all been avoided if Smedley had sent the right message, something like "Felipe, Fernando is quicker" - then leave it at that. But, he said it like he almost wanted everyone to blatently know what was going on. If I were Domenicalli or DiMontezemelo, then I'd be pretty annoyed at Smedley.

Glad to see Alonso on the top step, but not under these circumstances.

Watch Massa's interview, what a joke, i dont know any racing driver that would pull over to let a rival drive past at any level.

Very sad day again for motorsport.

Ferrari have lost any respect i once had for them.

What about Red Bull with front wing-gate? McLaren with letting Hamilton through at Nurburgring 2008? Ferrari again with Kimi and Felipe back in 2008 (I think?).

The real crime is how they did it. Smedley has not done any himself any favours there.

I agree but this is about what happened today, lie after lie after lie, and to think they have the nerve to jump up and down when they think someone else has messed up or isnt playing by the rules.

One word somes them up, Hypocrites !

Just stayed up to watch this on iplayer - another step back for F1. :(

There's so much money in the sport that nobody can say what they mean without getting there ass sued seven times til tuesday.

I really am beginning to believe that EJ is the Geoffrey Boycott of F1 - I don't like him but he knows his stuff. "Disgraceful".

Good to see the McLaren boys still at the top though :)

I could see DCs point that it will happen and is part of the sport so why not get rid of the rule. But then as Christian Horner was saying they let the two race and it seems like they're one of the ones that doesn't issue team orders. They favour one driver as we've seen but don't take that into the race itself.

I don't know why Massa didn't just say 'OK I better speed up a bit then' and carry on where he was! It wasn't like Alonsa sped off into the distance after he went past!

I could see DCs point that it will happen and is part of the sport so why not get rid of the rule. But then as Christian Horner was saying they let the two race and it seems like they're one of the ones that doesn't issue team orders. They favour one driver as we've seen but don't take that into the race itself.

I don't know why Massa didn't just say 'OK I better speed up a bit then' and carry on where he was! It wasn't like Alonsa sped off into the distance after he went past!

I don't think Alonso had to speed off, though - he knew Massa wasn't going to fight him. Looking at the final result, though. Another 5 laps and I think Vettel might have had Massa. For me, it was the right call, just done very, very wrong.