The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

If he hadn't just signed a contract with RBR, I'd have said that was MW out the door with that comment.

Nope. Dont forget, apart from running two F1 teams, Red Bull support drivers in many of the junior categories like GP2, Euro F3, and National F3 championships. The Red Bull driver programme was set up to produce an F1 champion similar to the way that McLaren supported and paid for all Lewis Hamilton's racing since he was about 12 years old. The difference is that Red Bull recruited and disgarded many drivers along the way and the one who has come to the top of the pile is Sebastian Vettel.

Webber is different, he is not Red Bull' he is Renault. He was managed by Briatore and got the Red Bull drive as part of the deal

for Renault to supply engines to Red Bull F1.

The reason his contract was extended is that Red Bull want to continue with the Renault engines.

He's right to mistrust the Team. The Red Bull hierachy want one of their drivers to come out on top. I think he is enjoying the battle :)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be going crazy, but did anyone else see someone on one of the stands wearing a storm trooper outfit? Noticed it when the drivers were all going round on the back of the truck before the race. (or i could have been away with the fairies at that point!)

I may be going crazy, but did anyone else see someone on one of the stands wearing a storm trooper outfit? Noticed it when the drivers were all going round on the back of the truck before the race. (or i could have been away with the fairies at that point!)

I wouldn't be suprised if someone was, I was marshalling at the bridge on the Wellington Straight, and when they opened it up to the public, I saw hundreds of costumes, including spandex 'The Darkness' style, and a bunch of Ghostbusters :)

lol at Alonoso and the drive through...

Very harsh decision that.

Agree. Amplified by the safety car too.

Charlie Whiting has said that he warned Ferrari immediately (THREE times in all) to let Kubica back through but they ignored him for whatever reason - so the decision then got handed to the Stewards. By then Kubica had retired and they had no choice other than to award the drivethrough as the race was still running. If the race had ended then Alonso would more than likely had a 30 second penalty instead.

As to the safety car amplifying things for Alonso - that's just unfortunate, but peotic justice.

Charlie Whiting has said that he warned Ferrari immediately (THREE times in all) to let Kubica back through but they ignored him for whatever reason - so the decision then got handed to the Stewards. By then Kubica had retired and they had no choice other than to award the drivethrough as the race was still running. If the race had ended then Alonso would more than likely had a 30 second penalty instead.

As to the safety car amplifying things for Alonso - that's just unfortunate, but peotic justice.

:yeahthat:

And if he'd taken the penalty as soon as it was given he wouldn't have ended up at the back.

PlanetF1 have the results of a survey conducted amongst the drivers. Senna's the best, Nico's the prettiest.

The Formula One drivers have spoken: Ayrton Senna is the best there ever was and Nico Rosberg is a 'beautiful woman.'

Bild am Sonntag recently conducted an anonymous survey involving 20 of the 24 current drivers, with only Williams and Renault not participating.

The 'Best Driver Of All Time' went to the late Ayrton Senna, who secured in 12 votes, while Michael Schumacher was second with three and Alain Prost second with two.

As for the 'Best Active Driver', that went to Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, however, the Spaniard did not even feature in the top three for 'Who Will Win This Year's World Title'.

That was topped by Lewis Hamilton with eight votes while six drivers believe Sebastian Vettel will win it and two reckon it will go to Jenson Button.

Hamilton also led the 'Gnarliest Driver' category ahead of Alonso and Schumacher while Monaco was voted the 'Most Dangerous Track' ahead of Suzuka, Singapore and Montreal.

As for the 'Most Beautiful Woman In F1', TF1 reporter Marion Jollès clinched that title ahead of Hamilton's girlfriend, Nicole Scherzinger, while at least one of his rivals reckon Nico Rosberg deserves this honour.

Free practice results:-

1. Adrian Sutil Force India F1 01:25.701 20

2. Felipe Massa Ferrari 01:26.850 27

3. Jenson Button McLaren 01:26.936 16

4. Rubens Barrichello Williams 01:26.947 21

5. Vitaly Petrov Renault 01:26.948 21

6. Nico Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix 01:27.448 20

7. Sebastien Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:28.114 31

8. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 01:28.193 24

9. Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India F1 01:28.300 19

10. Pedro de la Rosa Sauber 01:28.466 23

11. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 01:28.735 21

12. Timo Glock Virgin Racing 01:28.735 21

13. Robert Kubica Renault 01:28.903 20

14. Mark Webber Red Bull 01:29.048 13

15. Jarno Trulli Lotus F1 01:29.280 17

16. Jaime Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso 01:29.366 34

17. Lewis Hamilton McLaren 01:29.429 8

18. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin Racing 01:29.500 19

19. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 01:29.684 15

20. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 01:29.690 17

21. Fairuz Fauzy Lotus F1 01:30.938 27

22. Bruno Senna HRT F1 Team 01:31.720 23

23. Michael Schumacher Mercedes Grand Prix 01:32.450 13

24. Sakon Yamamoto HRT F1 Team 01:32.791 26

Woot woot. :)

Well done but think it might all change come quallfying.

Hamilton in the wall, not a good start !

Depends really, that region of Germany is very susceptable to weather changes, much like Spa - and if it's a damp Qualifying session, Sutil would be a great bet for pole IMO.

I think you'll find whatever the weather does it will be Red Bulls, Mclarens, Ferrari's and possibly the Mercedes at the front of the grid.

I think you mean the Nurburgring, Spa's just across the border and their both in the Eiffel mountains, Hockenheim's 200 + kms further south.

Pretty obvious it was team orders changing the result of the race, team orders doing this are banned so the FIA must do something.

The saga on the rostrum, the drivers press conferance and the team prinicipals interview are insulting our intelligence.

Ferrari yet again shoot themselves in the foot and in my opinion both cars should be removed from the results

Mr Todt is the FIA president so i wonder what will happen