The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

He signed on for a multi year contract...

...but you think he'll remember why he retired sooner rather than later, especially if he's not winning with ease?

I think it's unlikely that the Mercedes (Brawn) will have the advantage it had this year and also that MS underestimates his teammate Nico Rosberg.

McLaren will have to supply a car for two drivers with totally different driving styles, Renault have lost interest, so not great news for Red Bull either and it's difficult to see any huge steps forward from the existing teams (bar Ferrari) or the new ones joining.

Alonso has to be the nailed on favourite for the Championship for me. He beat MS in 2005 and 06, is without doubt the quickest guy around, and has no.1 status and the resources of Ferrari behind him. Should all be over by August :)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's unlikely that the Mercedes (Brawn) will have the advantage it had this year and also that MS underestimates his teammate Nico Rosberg.

McLaren will have to supply a car for two drivers with totally different driving styles, Renault have lost interest, so not great news for Red Bull either and it's difficult to see any huge steps forward from the existing teams (bar Ferrari) or the new ones joining.

Alonso has to be the nailed on favourite for the Championship for me. He beat MS in 2005 and 06, is without doubt the quickest guy around, and has no.1 status and the resources of Ferrari behind him. Should all be over by August :)

I could well be wrong but if i was running the mercedes team i'd make shure the customer engines were not quite as quick as the one for the works team.Rosberg is good but not as yet consistant enough,i think the car and team will be designed around schumi his history with ross brawn says it all,and love him or hate him it should stir things up a bit :D.On the red bull subject arn't they also having mercedes engines this year ?

The engines have to be the same. Obviously the works team will pick the 2 they think are best but in reality the variance will be minimal due to the engine rules.

McLaren Mercedes used less fuel per race that Brawn Mercedes last year which is to do with drag as much as engine management.

USF1 were looking for a pair of US drivers to compete, but now it seems they're looking at yet another Brit instead. James Rossiter. He's a bit good. His partner is not confirmed either, but could well be Jose Maria Lopez from Argentina.

Who thinks USF1 will be a front runner? I doubt it personally, no matter how much money they throw at it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/13/usf1-to-test-launch-car-in-alabama-with-special-fia-dispensatio/

Who thinks USF1 will be a runner full stop? There are too many lingering doubts that make me suspect all is not well....I think USF1 will get bored at the back very quickly and then disapear....assuming they start.

USf1 and Campos are the biggest doubts for the year, if either fail then StefanGP will pitch for their space and run the TF110, the 2010 Toyota.

Who thinks USF1 will be a runner full stop? There are too many lingering doubts that make me suspect all is not well....I think USF1 will get bored at the back very quickly and then disapear....assuming they start.

USf1 and Campos are the biggest doubts for the year, if either fail then StefanGP will pitch for their space and run the TF110, the 2010 Toyota.

You speak absolute truth there, but I think one factor people are underestimating is the American love of both cars and sports. They'd desperately love a motorsport heritage in F1.

You speak absolute truth there, but I think one factor people are underestimating is the American love of both cars and sports. They'd desperately love a motorsport heritage in F1.

But they only love a sport they can win usually...or they just take their ball home....and change the rules to suit....

Rounders, Rugby, Indycar....

But they only love a sport they can win usually...or they just take their ball home....and change the rules to suit....

Rounders, Rugby, Indycar....

... which is probably why Bernie was so outspoken about his feelings on the matter. I think that was a clever ploy to tell the US team the rules apply to everyone, like it or lump it. A 'my way or the highway' type thing. That's just speculation though.

I think the top 4 will be Mercedes, McLaren, RedBull and Ferrari but I can't decide which will be on top. I think Merc will be behind the leaders at the start, I believe the team were compromised on budget last year for 2010 development...

I'm hoping that Williams' "clean sheet" design springs a surprise...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81003

/from the eternal Williams optimist.