The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

Ross Brawn will never change - always trying to bend the rules to their his interpretation. Last year was no different really.

Article 40.13 of the Formula 1 sporting regulations:

"If the race ends while the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

And at least MS now knows what it's like to be on the receiving end of a decision involving Ferrari. ;)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But chose to run over it?

assuming he saw it.....

Perhaps he didn't have a choice as Rubens was blocking the road too..

Do think it was very irresponsible for rubens to do what he did; I would certainly expect some repercussions..

Ross Brawn will never change - always trying to bend the rules to their his interpretation. Last year was no different really.

But last year, he "bent" them to Button's advantage and it was great to see a new team, with a British driver do so well out of it - but it's seeming a bit of a different reaction to the event now that it's a German team and MS is the driver... I'm a huge Alonso fan but he was caught napping there. There's no way around that rule but it's great to see MS still is the same ever-opportunistic talent.

I think a fair outcome from the hearing would be for Alonso and MS to have their positions reversed. MS doesn't deserve 12th place for that.

assuming he saw it.....

Perhaps he didn't have a choice as Rubens was blocking the road too..

Do think it was very irresponsible for rubens to do what he did; I would certainly expect some repercussions..

Absolutely, he should be quite heavily fined, but say if it wasn't a steering wheel but a bit of debris that Karun ran over, then it would solely be Karun's fault.

But chose to run over it?

I doubt he saw it in time and where exactly would he have gone to avoid it.

Rubens looked to me like he threw it out the cockpit in anger more than in panic to get out of the car.

The whole steering wheel thing did happen pretty damn fast. As he had to get outta the car asap. didn't look like a temper tantrum to me more blind panic to get out. surely the yellow flags are there to basically warn them that there is something on the track etc and warn them of an incident that may require evasive action? from the accident, steering wheel, yellow flag, to running over the wheel took a few seconds? and the input from several drivers/marshalls etc. don't think anyone is to blame. just my opinion. If Barichello was in a gravel trap of slightly off track somewhere then fair enough, but I wouldn't want to sit in that car to long where it was. There have been times when drivers forget to put the wheel back on etc after a race or in parc ferme just because they are a little bit excited.

After reviewing the vid on youtube, I can admit I was wrong :) possibly he was a little bit miffed :) but I will now argue the fact that he placed it neatly off the track on the kerb. A little bit heavy handedly granted. but chandok did have room to avoid it if he had his eyes open. Rubens left him at least a car and a half width between him and the wheel :D

I dont think F1 drivers get blind panic even when theyve crashed at high speed, their very cool customers in these instances.

I'll have to watch a replay of it but for now i'll stick with an anger moment

How come Massa didnt get a penalty for blocking Button?

Didn't you see the interview with Massa afterwards? Apparently there was another car in front of Massa that backed off causing him to slow down. (despite on all the TV replays I saw, you couldn't see anyone else for the full length of the straight) :rolleyes:

Didn't you see the interview with Massa afterwards? Apparently there was another car in front of Massa that backed off causing him to slow down. (despite on all the TV replays I saw, you couldn't see anyone else for the full length of the straight) :rolleyes:

Amazing how they got away with it (ferrari).....twice in one race - both with Damon Hill as the race steward.....

Questionable as a F1 driver, not much change as a steward :)

PS: assuming that damon hill was also stewarding during the qualification.... ;)

Rubens has tweeted to say he chucked the steering wheel as he was keen to get out due to the car being on fire...lets face it if he'd thrown it the other side it wouldn't have been an issue.

From where he was sat I doubt he'd have been able to see any fire.

Amazing how they got away with it (ferrari).....twice in one race - both with Damon Hill as the race steward.....

Questionable as a F1 driver, not much change as a steward :)

PS: assuming that damon hill was also stewarding during the qualification.... ;)

Also remember that there is still more than one steward....

But yes, I agree, questionable as an F1 driver. ;)

I think this is all a bit unfair on Damon Hill - he wasn't the best driver ever, but in reality, he kept Prost fairly honest, even with team orders, had the upper hand on DC in the rest of 94 and 95 and subsequently won in 96 from Villeneuve. Hill was quick, just never had great "racecraft".

I'll never forgive Hill for dicking us in '99. Jordan scored 61 points in total that year and finished 3rd. Hill's contribution to the team for that year... 6 points.

I'll never forget when he retired from the race at Monza, with there being no problem with the car at all, and said "This car is undriveable!". Frentzen went on to win.