The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great result for Mark Webber - I must confess that he's surprised even me with his driving this season.

Was very very impressed with the onboard footage of his pole-setting qualifying lap - not because of who was driving, but simply by how fast he was going with so little room for error!

Another great result for Mark Webber - I must confess that he's surprised even me with his driving this season.

Was very very impressed with the onboard footage of his pole-setting qualifying lap - not because of who was driving, but simply by how fast he was going with so little room for error!

I think it's often been the case that when Webber is "on it" there's probably nobody quicker. But, he's not always in the zone to be like that. Great to watch in full flow, though.

Damon Hill was on the stewards panel though. I can understand both points of view and Mercedes are likely to appeal this one.

The other thing, how come the BBC have managed to get iPads or is that blatant advertising on the BBC's part?

I think it's often been the case that when Webber is "on it" there's probably nobody quicker. But, he's not always in the zone to be like that. Great to watch in full flow, though.

Yes, and now he's brimming with confidence it will be interesting to see if he can take his driving consistently to the next level.

Damon Hill was on the stewards panel though. I can understand both points of view and Mercedes are likely to appeal this one.

The other thing, how come the BBC have managed to get iPads or is that blatant advertising on the BBC's part?

hes probably been to america?

I think they got that wrong and if the race finished behind the safety car it should have crossed the finishing line on the last lap.

I think it's right that the SC comes into the pits, so the F1 cars can blast and have a proper victory lap. But I think it needs to be clearer that the safety car isn't "coming in this lap" and that the "race will end under the safety car".

I think they got that wrong and if the race finished behind the safety car it should have crossed the finishing line on the last lap.

It's done like that so the media can get decent photos of the cars going over the finish line.

I'm not sure what MGP are going to appeal though. The rule says you can't overtake on the last lap if it has been led by a safety car, so what are they going to say in Paris?

"but it's just not fair - he's Michael Schumacher!"?

IIRC it costs £20k to appeal. Efficient way to spend the money guys!

It's done like that so the media can get decent photos of the cars going over the finish line.

I'm not sure what MGP are going to appeal though. The rule says you can't overtake on the last lap if it has been led by a safety car, so what are they going to say in Paris?

"but it's just not fair - he's Michael Schumacher!"?

IIRC it costs £20k to appeal. Efficient way to spend the money guys!

I understand why its done as it wouldnt look good especially at Monaco where its pretty much all done just for looks.

I guess Ross Brawn read his version of rules out a bit differantly to what your saying as thats not what he said. oh well it wouldnt be F1 without some bitching etc :D

That was a daft thing to do in hindsight, im supprised hes not been fined or banned etc :D

Think it may have been in a bit of a panic tbh. hit the barrier at 170mph, facing the wrong way on a fairly unsighted corner. I think I'd want to get out pretty quick...... made me laugh when 2 secs later the next car ran over it :D Rubens is a legend imo. He just seems the least of the egos out there. Always comes over on telly as if hes just there for a bit of fun :)

How much do the steering wheels cost? Barrichello just lobbed his out the car!!

He should have been heavily fined for that! I think it was Chandhock that ran over it, and was lucky not to have received some kind of damage from doing so.

That said, the yellow flags are there to tell you to slow down and be prepared to stop, so perhaps Karun should have seen it?

But yeah, they're a good £15 - £20k a piece.

I understand why its done as it wouldnt look good especially at Monaco where its pretty much all done just for looks.

I guess Ross Brawn read his version of rules out a bit differantly to what your saying as thats not what he said. oh well it wouldnt be F1 without some bitching etc :D

40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

Don't know where he's going to go with this one!