The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the other teams would have got same response.

Renault have already submitted and had approved about 5 changes on the basis of cost and reliability for this year.

Mercedes have modified theirs previously, but the press don't harp on about that so much.

Renault were the ones to really embrace the whole "Frozen" engine (doing only external changes for a couple of years) whilst Mercedes still spent £100m on the engine dept! Surprise surprise the Merc engine is the best.

I can't understand what's changed from last year? The engine has been homologated for well over a season, but it's only this year that they're having problems.

So if nothing has changed, why are they now having problems?

Well it could be down to the fuel tank, forcing a move of ancillaries like the oil tank, but I highly doubt that...

There is talk about it being down to not refueling in races that leads to the air system not lasting, but I can't recall them topping air up whilst refueling in previous years and surely they could just plug it in if that was the case...

I think it's been an engineered failure and that Sauber have been sacrificed to prove the case...and that the fix will increase performance...and the engine will suddenly be more economical...

I think it's been an engineered failure and that Sauber have been sacrificed to prove the case...and that the fix will increase performance...and the engine will suddenly be more economical...

Now's the time to put money on them then if their odds are about to drop through the floor!

Well it could be down to the fuel tank, forcing a move of ancillaries like the oil tank, but I highly doubt that...

There is talk about it being down to not refueling in races that leads to the air system not lasting, but I can't recall them topping air up whilst refueling in previous years and surely they could just plug it in if that was the case...

Nah you can still add compressed gases to the car during the race. (article 4.3)

I think you're giving them too much credit! I don't think they're clever enough, nor crafty enough to try that. The outcome though, I'm sure you're right about.

The only thing I can think of is that they've changed a supplier of, or they're struggling to machine a component within a tolerance so it keeps failing.

Maybe I am...but hey it's Ferrari :p

Yeah you can add air so if that was the issue surely they would!

It's quite funny watching Ferrari return to the team they were before Todt, Brawn and Byrne :)

Have to say though the people making the biggest cockup this year is RedBull, I'd be going nuts if I was Dietrich! And I'd be worried if I was Mr. Horner.

Button had loads of trouble, like the bad pit stop and not having any info on his wheel! Baring in mind they can lose half a second a lap by short shifting, him not having a shift light can lose just as much!

I heard Whitmarsh too...

Spain is always a rubbish race, no decent overtaking and because all the teams test there so much, they're less likely to make mistakes.

Monaco this weekend should be a lot more entertaining with the amount of traffic they'll be encountering.

Legard is useless...

TV picture clearly show's Kobyashi off the track having been pushed out there...

Legard: I can't tell why Kobyashi's dropped back!!!!! He must have gone off somewhere!?

Me: Face Palm

Rosberg overtakes Hulk, Williams is clearly visible to the right of the picture as Rosberg dives underneath.

Legard: Ahh right what's this? It's Rosberg....and there's no Williams in front of him!!!!! Don't know what's happened but clearly he's through!!

Me: Double Face Palm

What is he looking at during the race?! He has one job to do, relay the action on the track, but Stevie Wonder could do a better job.

The race at Barca is always dull...this was no different. JB/LH and SV tried to spice things up but over all it was dull.

The race at Barca is always dull...this was no different. JB/LH and SV tried to spice things up but over all it was dull.

I agree there mate - Barcelona is possibly the dullest race for F1 after Monaco - possibly because everyone has their car setup almost bang on from the testing?

I think the JB/MS battle was ok for two-three laps. Vettel did very well with the lack of brakes at the end, though. Ferrari were worryingly anonymous, Alonso had a lot of luck to come away with a second place.

This whole MS/NR favouratism bollox is annoying me. It's just media horse s... to make a headline.

NR had a bad weekend...got beaten by just 0.2sec in quali and then got shoved off the track by a Renault.

Shit happens. Hopefully NR can stick the boot back in at Monaco.