The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we think of the wheels falling off of that Toro Rosso?

The cynic in me suggests that the component that failed was a new design that was being tested before it was fitted to a Red Bull car, who did have wheel / upright issues in both Australia and Malaysia.

:D

its that vettel on pole again....(i cant stand the guy).

These RBR are bloody quick as Chris said on the radio..."Who needs Ride Height control" :D

Can i ask why ? he seems like a fairly decent young man to me, ive not met him so i could be wrong !

Can i ask why ? he seems like a fairly decent young man to me, ive not met him so i could be wrong !

nothing to do with his driving, just find him quite annoying.

the look on M Schumi's face after being well and truely out qualified by his teammate is PRICELESS :D

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83320

Ferrari has been given the green light by the FIA to make modifications to its engine on reliability grounds following the problems it has had in the early stages of the season.

Both Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa have suffered engine issues in the opening flyaway events - with Alonso suffering two blow-ups that has left him in particular on the back foot in terms of his supply for the season.

With customer team Sauber having also encountered its share of engine issues, Ferrari conducted a detailed investigation into the matter after the Chinese Grand Prix.

And after finding out that there was an intrinsic problem with the design of the engine, Ferrari applied to the governing body to be able to make some improvements to the power units on reliability grounds.

The Maranello outfit was duly given approval and the modifications will be ready in time to be fitted to the F10 cars at this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.

Although Ferrari has not outlined exactly what the issues were with the engine, they are believed to relate to air consumption, which could have been caused by leaking pneumatic valves.

And I wonder how they'll check that none of the mods are performance enhancing?

Ferrari also debuting a version of the McLaren duct to stall the rear wing in Spain.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/5/10718.html

Despite their pressing need to focus on engine reliability, the three-week break between Shanghai and Spain has allowed Ferrari to work on improving other areas of the F10. As well as adapting the position of the car’s rear-view mirrors, in line with revised FIA regulations, the team have also worked on their version of McLaren’s innovative F-duct concept.

“Using this idea is not as straightforward as simply fitting a new component to the cars, because it involves not just a different wing design, but also a driver-operated system to use it effectively,” added the Italian team.

“Evaluation has therefore been quite a lengthy process, involving simulation and test bench testing, prior to it making its track debut last Saturday during one of the four permitted straight-line aero tests, held at Vairano. Giancarlo Fisichella was at the wheel of the F10, while Massa and Alonso were able to try the system on the simulator.”

Following the F-duct’s on-track debut last weekend, Alonso and Massa will be able to sample it for the first time during the opening two practice sessions in Barcelona on Friday. Ferrari will then decide if they’ll run the system over the rest of the weekend.