The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2010 F1 Thread!

Alex

Hamilton and Button have nothing to lose and everything to go for with a 2nd place spot in the Manufacturers Championship up for grabs. They've both looked quick over the weekend and hope they put on a good show today. :uk:

Changed my mind I'd like to see Rossberg in 3rd :)

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mite start a "'i hate vettel group" would have loads of members!!!

I wouldn't say I hate him. You have to admire his skill and achievement, he's just not exactly come across to me as a likeable character.

Smug is a word that springs to mind when I see him.

What a race! How wrong could Webber and Alonso have gotten it - although, to be honest, Mark skittled his chances with a shithouse qualifying. Or, if we want to be more accurate, he lost the championship from that crash in Korea - and thus he only has himself to blame.

As much as everyone seems to dislike Vettel, he is a talent. Youngest for everything in F1 it seems, and will only go on to win more championships, I feel. Hope he and Mark patch things up though.

What a race! How wrong could Webber and Alonso have gotten it - although, to be honest, Mark skittled his chances with a $#@!house qualifying. Or, if we want to be more accurate, he lost the championship from that crash in Korea - and thus he only has himself to blame.

As much as everyone seems to dislike Vettel, he is a talent. Youngest for everything in F1 it seems, and will only go on to win more championships, I feel. Hope he and Mark patch things up though.

Despite what Red Bull say I don't really think the two drivers are treated equally......lots of pressure on webber and unfortunately he wasn't up to the task.

Lets not forget the number of poles that Vettel won this season.

Despite what Red Bull say I don't really think the two drivers are treated equally......lots of pressure on webber and unfortunately he wasn't up to the task.

Lets not forget the number of poles that Vettel won this season.

Well, for what it's worth, I agree they aren't treated equally - but then I think Red Bull only considered Mark a solid backup, rather than a genuine contender (after all, he is too big for F1, long in the tooth, and no real runs on the board with success). And if we're going to be brutally honest, I don't think Mark is anywhere near the class of Vettel (well, in driving terms, anyway! Human terms, Mark is head and shoulders above Seb). Which makes me sad, as this season might have been Webber's one and only chance for ultimate success.

Well, for what it's worth, I agree they aren't treated equally - but then I think Red Bull only considered Mark a solid backup, rather than a genuine contender (after all, he is too big for F1, long in the tooth, and no real runs on the board with success). And if we're going to be brutally honest, I don't think Mark is anywhere near the class of Vettel (well, in driving terms, anyway! Human terms, Mark is head and shoulders above Seb). Which makes me sad, as this season might have been Webber's one and only chance for ultimate success.

agree - feel for the guy as I dont even think he will be in the team next season.

agree - feel for the guy as I dont even think he will be in the team next season.

Well, I don't know about that. Even if you're not going to win a championship, I think you'd stay with a proven performer if only for the chance to keep driving a fast reliable car (unlike the rest of his career!).

Perhaps Red Bull will give a drive to Alex Winter?

Well, I don't know about that. Even if you're not going to win a championship, I think you'd stay with a proven performer if only for the chance to keep driving a fast reliable car (unlike the rest of his career!).

Perhaps Red Bull will give a drive to Alex Winter?

Exactly - dont think it would be Webber's decision.....

Im just glad Alonso didn't win, was a shame Petrov didn't punt him off at the end.

I think you'll find if i heard it right Webber is with RedBull next year.

Its a shame the title was decided on yet another F1 track that is very hard to pass on.

Apart from the first lap it was pretty dull

WTF was Alonso doing after the race waving at Petrov! Knob.

I imagine it was just spur of the moment frustration showing through. He seemed pretty philosophical about it later.

Still brilliant season though. Red Bull have done fantastically well.

Just gutted we couldn't stay ahead of Williams in the constructors though. Still we took a good fight to them, with half the people and probably a third of the budget. Am quite proud of that, and hopefully next year we can take the fight to them again :)

I imagine it was just spur of the moment frustration showing through. He seemed pretty philosophical about it later.

Still brilliant season though. Red Bull have done fantastically well.

Just gutted we couldn't stay ahead of Williams in the constructors though. Still we took a good fight to them, with half the people and probably a third of the budget. Am quite proud of that, and hopefully next year we can take the fight to them again :)

Yep, I 100% agree there, Tony.

Nasty accident there with Liuzzi as well, not good to see.