The mkiv Supra Owners Club

more snow!

foggy147

Slight inclines just need a run up ;) Luckily there are no big hills around here.

I'm a real man and have a manual, so it's a bit easier being able to use the clutch. :innocent:

But yes in an auto you'd want to let the car warm up so the idle speed drops to make it a bit easier I would imagine.

It's not driving forward I have a problem with, it's sliding off sideways just with the camber of the road that worries me more!

I forgot you had a manual, and this is the only time I miss having one.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just walked into work :D I had my (obviously essential) porridge.. and donned my thermals, two pairs of socks, salopettes, wellies, duffle coat and ski gloves! and missioned it in... :p

Everyone in the office is grinning like maniacs... :) and it's getting worse!

It took me two hours to get home last night.. couldn't even get traction on the flat!? but managed to leave distance in front etc. and keep steady pace... I made it up a particularly steep slip road (that lesser cars shyed away from!)... come on the Supra! :D

It took me two hours to get home last night.. couldn't even get traction on the flat!? but managed to leave distance in front etc. and keep steady pace... I made it up a particularly steep slip road (that lesser cars shyed away from!)... come on the Supra! :D

Is yours a manual too? Dammit, I want one now :(

Bah, it's coming down thick in Whitehaven now. It's going to be a fun journey back to Preston on Friday if this keeps up.

Preston isn't too bad today. Yesterday was a bit grim but the roads were fine this morning, even some of the none main roads were clear. Just seems to be the estates now that are still bad.

Cool. I read on the LEP website that all the buses between Preston & Chorley had been cancelled. Then Lucy told me the bus she was in after work slid into a parked car and she ended up stuck in the Dog & Partridge for 2 hours until she could get a taxi to come out.

It's tipping down here!! Need to learn how my 4X4 works and whether it's better to use D or 2!!

MANU D is best, as it at least keeps the gears in 2 or D, I'd thought.

I really wish I had a manual right now, as using the keen auto is a pain when the wheels just spin constantly!

You just want to laugh at us pathetic Britons trying to cope with a little snow, don't you?! :p

It's humiliating, galling and pathetic. I well remeber 1962 and 1963, FAR worse than this and the schools were kept open, the news touched on the "bad winter", but folks just got on with it. I trudged to school in wellies, as did the teachers and staff. Most people with young kids would have lived through WW2, and a bit of snow wasn't going to stop them getting about their business after getting through that. To me the whole shut down of the system smacks of any excuse not to even try and get to work, or so much if they do make the effort. On the TV this morning was a bus depot somewhere in the UK with all the drivers and staff playing snowballs outside complaining the forecourt was too slippery to get the buses safely down a gentle gradient on to the main road, whilst in the background an array of shovels leant against the wall... If was 2/3rds off flat screen TV's at Currys people would be down the road like a rat out of a drain.